PDA

View Full Version : Creating an Address Book from the Inbox messages in Thunderbird

kuau
01-26-2008, 01:33 AM
One of my clients has several sales people who all have separate email accounts. Is it possible in Thunderbird to harvest all the email addresses in the "From" field in the Inbox and put them into the address book without going through the emails one at a time, right-clicking, then clicking Save to Address Book? It took me 2+ hours to get 92 addresses!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

BLiZZaRD
01-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Nothing currently that I know of. You can turn on the auto add which will automatically add incoming and outgoing recipients to the address book, but for names already there needing to be added, one at a time seems to be the only way.

Although... I haven't tested this theory, but perhaps you could export contacts in a .csv and import them into the address book... but on second thought that would require you to manually select them as well, so no real help... hmmm

kuau
01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Blizzard: Nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing well and getting your games written. Thanks for answering my question even if it seems there is no way in Thunderbird to do it... maybe something for a feature request. I'm sure some of the worms out there have ways to harvest addresses from inboxes. Or there must be some "harvester" programs somewhere that are not malicious. I tried Googling it but everything looked pretty slimy.

Anyway, thanks for trying. Aloha, erin :)