PDA

View Full Version : IE6 not allowing ajax ddtabs

tripleGmax
01-25-2008, 04:10 PM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content Script (v 2.0)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem: For some odd reason on this computer I cannot get the tabs to work properly. When I click on a tab it links and shows just the external file. So instead of the external file loading into the given div it just shows that external file page.

Whats even stranger is the fact that on my home pc it works just fine IE6 and IE7 (running both for dev tests) On both PCs FF works fine. So I was thinking it must be some setting in IE6 that is stopping this ajax call from really working correctly.

If anyone has experience or insight, please let me know.....this is driving me nuts!

Thanks!

Triple G

jscheuer1
01-25-2008, 05:09 PM
IE 6 requires some, what are generally called 'safe' Active X components enabled to process the Ajax request. It is not uncommon for all Active X to be disabled on IE 6 for security reasons though, and I'm not sure if that browser lets you choose between 'safe' and 'unsafe' when doing so. Also, if javascript is disabled, that would kill it too.

Also, many (mot all) scripts will not function properly in IE 6 if it's one of these 'stand alone' installations of IE 6 that allows you to have multiple versions of IE on a computer, without modifications to the registry.

These are just my best guesses. I would have to see the computer to be sure.

tripleGmax
01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
john: thanks for replying.

i did check security settings and i set it to low (dont prompt, just enable) and allowed everything i could on IE....but no avail.

So i the iframe will work, except it breaks my design. So ill try to fix that, but still can't figure this out.

Im running version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254 if that helps anyone...

jscheuer1
01-25-2008, 06:20 PM
I just remembered that some third party anti-virus and firewalls will block some scripts in IE as well, same reason - a wholesale aversion to Active X.

tripleGmax
01-25-2008, 07:59 PM
haha, i think this computer just needs tossed out the window. Im at a client's office working and im using a laptop that has norton (i cringed when i saw that) but i have turned it completely off. not sure if its still stopping it or not, but none the less, i appreciate your help. I have created a work around with the iframe version.