PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

webmaster_dbp08
01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow (vs. 1.51)

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have placed this slideshow on my webpage successfully, and the images rotate just fine, but the problem I am experiencing is that something in the code inserts a lot of white space below the div tags where the slideshow is contained. I need to be able to put my navigation tab links underneath of the slideshow images, and a quote underneath of that, on the webpage and I also need to use the slideshow on each page of the site. I don't know where this extra white space is coming from because it is not showing that there should be any extra white space within the code.

Here is a link to the page where the problem is: http://www.nalc.diversitybestpractices.com/agenda/agenda.cfm

The code that goes in this part of the body section of the page where the images reside is:

<div class="centerdiv">
<script type="text/javascript">
//new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")
</script>
</div>

As I said, I don't know where this extra white space comes from that is pushing the quote down the page. If I move the navigation links (in green) below the photos, the same things happens with those. I don't know what to do.

A second question I have is how could I place the code for the Javascript that is presently in the <head> section of the page, into a separate linked .js file? What would be the exact way to do this, for example, would I put in a link like this in my head section instead <link rel="javascript" href="js/fadeinslideshow.js"> ?
Or is there some other syntax for linking the file, (which is contained in a folder called js, and named as you see it above).

I hope someone can look at the code on this page, and help me figure out where the extra white space is coming from. Thank you!

Webmaster, Diversity Best Practices site