PDA

View Full Version : Should I see a basic menu when I install top down menus

earl kurburski
05-18-2005, 11:09 PM
I have downloaded and installed the topdown menu 2, topdown menu 3, and the HIV menu each seperatly. When I installed topdown menu2 I had the sample menu and then had to change the links ect in it. I see how it works and have no problems withit but I thought I would try and get something that had more than 1 layer of links as I have a need for at least 50 links to 50 different state pages. I uninstalled, deleting all files and script language from the page. I then tried to install the other two menus ands don't see anything at all. Sould I?

ddadmin
05-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Not exactly sure what you're asking. Are you saying menus with multiple layers like Top Menu 3 and HV Menu don't work for you? If so please be more specific the problem you're encountering. The first step is to simply upload and install the script without editting the links, and confirming the menu by itself works on your page.

earl kurburski
05-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Not exactly sure what you're asking. Are you saying menus with multiple layers like Top Menu 3 and HV Menu don't work for you? If so please be more specific the problem you're encountering. The first step is to simply upload and install the script without editting the links, and confirming the menu by itself works on your page.
This basically answers the question. Top Menu 2 worked but neither Top Menu 3 or HV Menu will. I installed both individually and uninstalled, deleting the code in the page and deleting the files from the web site each time. I really would like the menu that goes a couple of pages deep. I will try jimsmenu and see if that will work. If not I know I can use the top menu 2.

ddadmin
05-19-2005, 12:54 AM
If the demo on DD works for you for Top Menu 3 or HV Menu, then at least the same script should work on your site unaltered (meaning you havent modified the links yet). If not, check that there aren't other scripts on the same page conflicting with the menu, and that you've installed the script correctly.

earl kurburski
05-19-2005, 01:10 AM
I have no other scripts on the site other than phhpbb. I have set up a seperate page not in the webs structure as a test page (using frontpage2003). These are the only scripts I have tried to install at all on the site. The topmenu2 is working on the test page. As I said I deleted everything I put on the site and tried the new scripts. Just now tried Jim's menu and it would not let me open the includes/browser.js. In fact I recieve the following error when I try and open it from the site or from the hard drive
Script: c:\topmenu\JimsMenu\includes\browser.js
Line: 7
char: 1
Error: 'navigator' is undefined
Code: 800A1391
Source: Microsoft JScript runtime error

I have reinstalled the topmenu2 and am continuing to figure out how to adapt it to my site. I'll use western states and eastern states and make the lists only 25 states long :)