PDA

View Full Version : Need for instruction on this code

Missouri Missing
01-20-2008, 05:56 PM
1) Script Title: DD Tab Menu (5 styles)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddtabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I am testing different menu options and I really like this one now that i have found it. Instead of taking up support time on the static menu I was having a problem with, I would rather someone give me some guidance in setting up this one.

I understand how to edit the html code easy enough, but am unfamilar with CSS. The download for this menu contains CSS files for each example. I want the chromemenu, so I understand the code that is shown on the example page to edit and add to my html page, but have no clue what I am supposed to do with the css file. Do I just upload the CSS file along with the js file, or is it something that is also placed in the html code of the page?

Thank you

thetestingsite
01-20-2008, 06:48 PM
You would upload the css file just like any other file that goes on your webserver, then call the stylesheet by placing the below code in your head section of the HTML document:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="filename.css" type="text/css">

Be sure to change the highlighted code above to point to the location of the css file you uploaded.

Hope this helps.

Missouri Missing
01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I guess I dont get it, I am not code savvy to say the least, consider me a novice at this and if it is going to be too difficult to explain just tell me to try something different.

So all the codes that they are showing on the dd download and code page I pasted above, I have to use those codes in the html, correct?

I need to change the id of the tab menu, and right now it ddtabs1, for dynamic drive, so I just change that to mmtabs1 for missouri missing?, or is there more to it then that? Then I do not need the 'rel=sc' code since I do not need any second level content, correct? I just remove those from that code and edit in my own information as far as menu titles and urls they direct to? And then I am assuming that I do not even need the html code for second level contents, so I can just leave that off? (Step 3 on code page)

Then I have to upload the CSS file and JS file, and I do not need to do any editing to the CSS file, correct? I also upload the Chrome menu images (2 of them), and then also in the html I place this code that you gave here, in the head along with my edited codes noted on the dd download page. Also, the code you gave me here, do I place it before the first script noted on the code instruction page?

Am I anwhere close to understanding how to use this menu code?