PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Wisdom

JAD
05-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Hello everyone: I guess that I am the newbe on the block from what I read. I need help in finding the best way to provide background music to my website across all pages without using a lot of download time. I want something with a continuous loop that i can use with dreamweaver - any takers? Thanks - JAD (You can send me a private message if need be)

cr3ative
05-18-2005, 07:51 AM
I'd suggest that for minimal load time, a Flash movie might be a good idea - you can easily include a stop button using actionscript then as well.

cr3ative

JAD
05-18-2005, 09:44 AM
I was leaning that direction already. Your suggestion just confirms what I was considering already. I appreciate your input. :) JAD

P.S. In deference to you and those of you who are Masters at your craft, would you be able and willing to tell me why an animated .gif works perfectly while I view it on the page created in dreamweaver locally in my IE browser - but once I upload it to the net it ceases to function at all? :) Thanks again either way - JAD

cr3ative
05-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Animated Gif's only function if the browser tells it to - you can disable gif animation in your Internet Explorer settings.

If you give us a link, we can check to see if the animation is working.

cr3ative

JAD
05-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Wow! I appreciate it your expertise. You were right. I went right to my security controls and found that I had the animation turned off. I have been beating my head against the wall for over a week. I am humbled and sincerely grateful. This forum is wonderful. I reset everything and everything is working perfectly now. :rolleyes: Respectfully - JAD