PDA

View Full Version : Adding a rollover image

send2mark
05-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I attached the files that I am working with. I actually downloaded them from this site.

It is a menu script that I really like, it does rollover images, but what I would like to be able to do is make 2 image files for rollovers that will be used for all main menus items.
Currently I can add 1 image for all, but when you roll over it you can only get one solid color and not a second image.

I'm trying to avoid creating 2 images for each menu item.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

jscheuer1
05-17-2005, 05:43 PM
You don't have to create two images for each menu item but, you may have to configure the same two images for each item you want to use them.

send2mark
05-17-2005, 07:37 PM
I was able to make my 2 images work on all menu items, but adding the test over it is not working.

jscheuer1
05-18-2005, 02:42 AM
but adding the test over it is not working

That's probably text that you mean. Following the documentation on this menu, it appears you can have rollover images for the item text or text for the the items. There is also a provision for a background image but not a rollover for the background image. So, why not get creative and think outside the box, no promises but, you could just try putting the rollover code in the background image field, see if that works, if so, you can put your text in the text field and everyone is happy. If not, here is something that should work, use something like this in the "TextToShow" field:

<table style='border-collapse:collapse;color:navy;background:pink url(some.jpg)' onmouseover=\"this.style.background='yellow url(someother.jpg)'\" onmouseout=\"this.style.background='red url(some.jpg)'\"><tr><td width='100' height='50'>Text for the menu item goes here</td></tr></table>Set your own colors, text and dimensions.