PDA

View Full Version : HV menu doesn't show in IE

Zigarlos
01-11-2008, 11:36 PM
1) Script Title: HV Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Recently i accidentely deleted my entire folder containing my web-related stuff. So I have re-downloaded the HV Menu (version 5.411), and everything's working fine. Only not in IE...!
There's no problems seeing the menu in Firefox, but the menu simple doesn't appear in IE. I didn't have this problem last time I worked with the menu.

Do I need to change something in any of these lines:

NavYes=AgntUsr.indexOf('mozilla')!=-1&&AgntUsr.indexOf('compatible')==-1?1:0;
var ExpYes=AgntUsr.indexOf('msie')!=-1?1:0;
var Opr=AgntUsr.indexOf('opera')!=-1?1:0;
var Opr6orless=window.opera && navigator.userAgent.search(/opera.[1-6]/i)!=-1 //DynamicDrive.com added code
if(Opr){NavYes=1;ExpYes=0;}
var DomNav=DomYes&&NavYes?1:0;
var DomExp=DomYes&&ExpYes?1:0;
var Nav4=NavYes&&!DomYes&&document.layers?1:0;
var Exp4=ExpYes&&!DomYes&&document.all?1:0;
var Exp6Plus=(AppVer.indexOf("msie 6")!= -1||AppVer.indexOf("msie 7")!= -1)?1:0
var PosStrt=(NavYes||ExpYes||Opr)&&!Opr6orless?1:0;

This is where I have inserted the menu www.roedestjerne.dk/test.htm

ruthc
01-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Hi,

Really strange but the error for IE is an invalid property and the property it considered invalid is the color grey. If you change the spelling to gray it will work. Weird.

Ruth

Zigarlos
01-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Thank you very much!

I would never have imagined that my mis-spelling would cause the damage. I would never have figured that out.

ruthc
01-14-2008, 02:36 AM
Actually, the color can be spelled grey or gray, like colour/color, armour/armor. I believe it is a UK/US spelling, like advertize/advertise. However, it seems, though there are lists that show both spellings, if you check the w3c, it only shows gray. http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#h-6.5

So, FF and others accept both, IE only accepts the w3c standard. Now, that is really weird :)

Ruth