PDA

View Full Version : how to: positioning two scrollers side by side?

rcw
01-10-2008, 03:22 PM
1) Script Title: rss pause scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsspausescroller/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

How would I position two of my rss scrollers side by side? Currently one follows the other as in the demo.

I would like to know the script for this modification and where to palce it.

TIA

jscheuer1
01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Here's one way:

<table><tr><td>
<script type="text/javascript">
new rsspausescroller("cnn", "pscroller1", "rssclass", 3000, "_new")
</script></td></tr>
<tr><td>
<script type="text/javascript">
new rsspausescroller("dynamicdrive", "pscroller2", "rssclass", 3000, "", "date+description")
</script></td></tr></table>

I think the confusion arises because of the way that the demo does it - inserting a <br> tag with the javascript document.write() method. Once you break up the calls to the two scrollers into separate script tag blocks as I have in the above example using a table, they can go anywhere. If you feel more comfortable using floating divisions to achieve a side by side alignment, they could each be inserted in a separate floating division. I only used a table because almost everyone understands how tables work and feels at least somewhat comfortable using them.

rcw
01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Ill give this a try tonight. Much appreciated :rolleyes:

rcw
01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
hopefully there will be a little space between the two scrollers with your script

jscheuer1
01-10-2008, 07:15 PM
It's not my script, and it's not the script that sets the layout between/around the scrollers. The space between the scrollers is determined by the HTML markup and styles. In the case of a table, as in my example markup, you can include cellpadding and/or cellspacing with the table. This stuff is just basic HTML. Hopefully you are at least somewhat familiar with HTML. If not, and you are designing pages, it would be extremely useful for you to learn the basics.