PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Java+ajax

XAKERA
01-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello Friends.
Please Help me i am using ajax navigation and when i add in this navigation java scripts added java script doesn't work. How fix it? THis is ajax navigation script.

<html>
<head>
<script>var please_wait = null;

function open_url(url, target) {
if ( ! document.getElementById) {
return false;
}

if (please_wait != null) {
document.getElementById(target).innerHTML = please_wait;
}

if (window.ActiveXObject) {
link = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
} else if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {
link = new XMLHttpRequest();
}

if (link == undefined) {
return false;
}
link.onreadystatechange = function() { response(url, target); }
link.open("GET", url, true);
link.send(null);
}

function response(url, target) {
if (link.readyState == 4) {
document.getElementById(target).innerHTML = (link.status == 200) ? link.responseText : "Ooops!! A broken link! Please contact the webmaster of this website ASAP and give him the fallowing errorcode: " + link.status;
}
}

function set_loading_message(msg) {
please_wait = msg;
}
open_url('index.html', 'my_site_content');
set_loading_message("Please wait while the page is opening....");

</script>
</head>
<table>
<tr>
<td valign=top width=150>
<H5>My Navagation links</H5>
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="open_url('index.html','my_site_content');">Go to page 1</a><br>
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="open_url('page-2.html','my_site_content');">Go to page 2</a><br>
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="open_url('page-3.html','my_site_content');">Go to page 3</a><br>
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="open_url('page-4.html','my_site_content');">Go to page 4</a><br>
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="open_url('xxxx.html','my_site_content');">Broken Link</a><br>
</td>
<td valign=top>
<div id="my_site_content">
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

how fix it? thanks

jscheuer1
01-05-2008, 04:41 PM
The best solution would depend upon the script(s) involved. Generally you place all scripts on the top page. If a script has a one time initialization that adds content to the top page, it should be run. If it has an initialization that runs against the imported content, that should either be run when the content is available or dealt with by hard-coding the initial events to the imported content.

XAKERA
01-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes But I have java scripts in new html files. This html file opens by click on the link. and it opens in <div id=my_site_conteiner></div> in this tag

jscheuer1
01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
The scripts on the added content are useless.

XAKERA
01-05-2008, 09:08 PM
how make it to work great?

jscheuer1
01-06-2008, 03:44 AM
What script(s) are you talking about?

XAKERA
01-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Mine script. I write ajax portal script and i use ajax navigation for content. but another ajax mod not work in this content

jscheuer1
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Well, if you have the main script for whatever you want to do on the 'top' page, and hard code the calls to it as events (like onclick) to links in the imported page(s), it could work out.

As I said though:

The best solution would depend upon the script(s) involved.

and you really have given me very little to go on there.

For more in the way of general information, see:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13003