PDA

View Full Version : Changing text/font size in AnyLink Vertical Menu!

The Smoking Gun!
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
1) Script Title: AnyLink CSS Vertical Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss2.htm

3) Describe problem: I am having a problem changing the size of the text in the pop out menu window, I have tried editing both the anylinkvertical.css and the script code itself, as well as the page's .css for that container/section but nothing seems to have an effect, I find the menu text size obtrusive and would really like to scale it down. In order to verify I am editing the right files I have changed other attributes with no issues, like the background mouseover color and drop down box offset.

Any help with this would make this good script gold, and really be appreciated!

TSG!

ddadmin
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
You shouldn't need to edit the .js file for changing the font size of the drop down menu, only anylinkvertical.css. For example:

.anylinkcss{
position:absolute;
visibility: hidden;
border:1px solid gray;
border-bottom-width: 0;
font: normal 11px Arial;
line-height: 18px;
z-index: 100;
background-color: white;
width: 205px;
}

.anylinkcss a{
color: black;
width: 100%;
display: block;
text-indent: 3px;
border-bottom: 1px solid gray;
padding: 1px 0;
text-decoration: none;
text-indent: 5px;
}

.anylinkcss a:hover{ /*hover background color*/
background-color: #F8FBBD;
}

The line in red differs from the original .css file contents, and should change the font to 11px.

The Smoking Gun!
01-05-2008, 01:42 AM
thanks for the quick reply, here is what my last attempt was and still nothing has changed
.anylinkcss{
position:absolute;
visibility: hidden;
border:1px solid gray;
border-bottom-width: 0;
font:normal 3px Trebuchet MS
line-height: 5px;
z-index: 100;
background-color: white;
width: 205px;
}

.anylinkcss a{
width: 100%;
display: block;
border-bottom: 1px solid gray;
padding: 1px 0;
text-decoration: none;
font-weight: bold;
}

.anylinkcss a:hover{ /*hover background color*/
background-color: #9FEFAF;
}

I'll check back tomorrow, thanks!

TSG!

The Smoking Gun!
01-05-2008, 01:49 AM
OK I'm such an idiot.....when i changed the font i didn't realize i lost the stupid semicolon at the end of the line....until i saw your example after pasting mine in......THANK YOU! I have spent HOURS trying to figure this out!!!!

And in appreciation you earned a link back from my site!

TSG!

ddadmin
01-05-2008, 06:34 AM
You're welcome. :) If it makes you feel better, the forgetting a semicolon in a CSS file has had me chasing after gremlins quite a few times as well. lol

The Smoking Gun!
01-06-2008, 03:22 PM
I asked in another post that no one has responded to, I added info to the post which probably makes it look like it was replied to, but I wanted to know if this vertical css anylink drop down menu was capable of a second or third level drop down menu and if so how do I need to modify the code to accomplish this, I did try a few variations with the existing code, like adding an anchor link to drop down menu item line, but it only displays the code and does not function, if it is at all possible your help would be appreciated, and to show that appreciation I prominently linked to your site with a supplied graphic button, with a line just below the anchor link list, "Vertical drop down menu script courtesy of ...then your Graphic"

Thanks again!

TSG!

ddadmin
01-07-2008, 10:28 AM
This has actually been asked many times before. Right now there's no easy way to add additional levels to any of the scripts on DD that are only two level deep. Look for something like that to be added in the future.

The Smoking Gun!
01-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Even though it wasn't the answer I was looking for, I appreciate the response, thank you!
In appreciation for the free script and attentive responses aside from the site link back to your site I am referring members from the community forum I moderate, to your site when they post in the webmaster forum looking for script tools!

This is a great thing you are doing!

TSG!