PDA

View Full Version : Multilingual Dynamic-FX Slide-In Menu (v 6.5)

newbi
01-04-2008, 09:48 AM
1) Script Title: Dynamic-FX Slide-In menu (6.5)
2) script URL (DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/davidmenu.htm

3) My problem: I want to use this script in my multilingual site.
So I would like that in the English side for exemple : the description of the buttons in the English language would appear and in the button's name on the Spanish side for exemple then in Spanish.
4) I also wrote an E-mail below Contact us concerning my problem

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon

Yours sincerelly

BLiZZaRD
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
All configurations to the menu are done inside "ssmItems.js". Open the file up using any text editor to edit the menu's style, and the displayed links.

So, what you could do is to copy ssmItems.js on your computer, rename it ssmItemsEsp.js (for example) and inside you will find all the names and descriptions of things. Change them in there to Spanish, and when you call the .js file on the Spanish side, call the one with the new name.

newbi
01-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Hello!
Hello!
Thank you for your answer, but I don't have a clue how does is

and when you call the .js file on the Spanish side, call the one with the new name.
I have tried it but no succes!
I have sent you an E-mail concerning this problem,
and what is the meaning from this variables? I am a "newbi" ,please have a little bit patient with me:o

Code:
var beer:Number=1;
var hands:Number=2;
if (_root.beer <= _root.hands) { _root.beer +=1; };

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon!

BLiZZaRD
01-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, if you want things in Spanish, you will need to make a new ssmItems.js file. To do so you can copy ssmItems.js and rename it ssmItemsES.js. Open ssmItemsES.js in notepad and find where the text for the menu is located. Change that to the Spanish translations and close and save it.

Upload the ssmItemsES.js to your server and where you would normally put

<SCRIPT SRC="ssmItems.js" language="JavaScript1.2"></SCRIPT>

on the page, instead put :

<SCRIPT SRC="ssmItemsES.js" language="JavaScript1.2"></SCRIPT>

That is it. Do that for each language you need and it should work fine.

and what is the meaning from this variables? I am a "newbi" ,please have a little bit patient with me

That is Flash ActionScript code, in my signature. It tells the program that there is one beer. It also says I have 2 hands, and if there are more hands than there are beers, then add another beer. :D

newbi
01-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Have a nice day!

Thank you, Thank you!:)

I wish you only the best:)

newbi
01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello!
So a pity!
I saved the files so as you have recommanded, but I had no succes!
So, 1)I saved the main Script (with <SCRIPT SRC="ssmItemsES.js"language="Javascript1.2"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT SRC="ssmItemsDE.js"language="Javascript1.2"></SCRIPT>....))in the header of my main script
2)I have saved the ssm.js in my rootdirectory
3)I have saved the ssmItemES.js in my Spanish language file etc.

Then, I get to see the Navigation but I can't open it!
If I cklick on one of the flags then this disapears also!

If I save both the ssm.js and ssmItems.js in my language file then, the Navigation does not appear!

I can only use the Navigation when the files are in my rootdirectory and in one language!

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon!

BLiZZaRD
01-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Okay, both .js files should be uploaded. The renamed ones as well. In the script page you were told to add this code to the page you want it to appear on:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
A.ssmItems:link {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
A.ssmItems:hover {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
A.ssmItems:active {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
A.ssmItems:visited {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
//-->
</style>

<SCRIPT SRC="ssm.js" language="JavaScript1.2">

//Dynamic-FX slide in menu v6.5 (By maXimus, http://maximus.ravecore.com/)
//Updated July 8th, 03' for doctype bug
//For full source, and 100's more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT SRC="ssmItems.js" language="JavaScript1.2"></SCRIPT>

You need to change all the instances of ssmItems.js to ssmItemsEs.js, make sure the path (SCRIPT SRC= "") points to the Es.js file.

Also, inside the ssmItemsEs.js file, if you haven't changed all the ssmItems: to ssmItemsEs: it would be a good idea. And then change the section of the above code to reflect that change as well.

newbi
01-07-2008, 03:01 PM
HI!
I found in ssm.js also descriptions concerning the function of ssmItems
function buildMenu() {
if (IE||NS6) {document.write('<DIV ID="basessm" style="visibility:hidden;Position : Absolute ;Left : '+XOffset+'px ;Top : '+YOffset+'px ;Z-Index : 20;width:'+(menuWidth+barWidth+10)+'px"><DIV ID="thessm" style="Position : Absolute ;Left : '+(-menuWidth)+'px ;Top : 0 ;Z-Index : 20;" onmouseover="moveOut()" onmouseout="moveBack()">')}
if (NS) {document.write('<LAYER name="basessm1" top="'+YOffset+'" LEFT='+XOffset+' visibility="show"><ILAYER name="basessm2"><LAYER visibility="hide" name="thessm" bgcolor="'+menuBGColor+'" left="'+(-menuWidth)+'" onmouseover="moveOut()" onmouseout="moveBack()">')}
if (NS6){document.write('<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="'+(menuWidth+barWidth+2)+'px" bgcolor="'+menuBGColor+'"><TR><TD>')}
document.write('<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="'+(menuWidth+barWidth+2)+'px" bgcolor="'+menuBGColor+'">');
for(i=0;i<ssmItems.length;i++) {
if(!ssmItems[i][3]){ssmItems[i][3]=menuCols;ssmItems[i][5]=menuWidth-1}
else if(ssmItems[i][3]!=menuCols)ssmItems[i][5]=Math.round(menuWidth*(ssmItems[i][3]/menuCols)-1);
if(ssmItems[i-1]&&ssmItems[i-1][4]!="no"){document.write('<TR>')}
if(!ssmItems[i][1]){
document.write('<td bgcolor="'+hdrBGColor+'" HEIGHT="'+hdrHeight+'px" ALIGN="'+hdrAlign+'" VALIGN="'+hdrVAlign+'" WIDTH="'+ssmItems[i][5]+'" COLSPAN="'+ssmItems[i][3]+'">&nbsp;<font face="'+hdrFontFamily+'" Size="'+hdrFontSize+'" COLOR="'+hdrFontColor+'"><b>'+ssmItems[i][0]+'</b></font></td>')}
else {if(!ssmItems[i][2])ssmItems[i][2]=linkTarget;
document.write('<TD BGCOLOR="'+linkBGColor+'" onmouseover="bgColor=\''+linkOverBGColor+'\'" onmouseout="bgColor=\''+linkBGColor+'\'" WIDTH="'+ssmItems[i][5]+'px" COLSPAN="'+ssmItems[i][3]+'"><ILAYER><LAYER onmouseover="bgColor=\''+linkOverBGColor+'\'" onmouseout="bgColor=\''+linkBGColor+'\'" WIDTH="100%" ALIGN="'+linkAlign+'"><DIV ALIGN="'+linkAlign+'"><FONT face="'+linkFontFamily+'" Size="'+linkFontSize+'">&nbsp;<A HREF="'+ssmItems[i][1]+'" target="'+ssmItems[i][2]+'" CLASS="ssmItems">'+ssmItems[i][0]+'</DIV></LAYER></ILAYER></TD>')}
if(ssmItems[i][4]!="no"&&barBuilt==0){buildBar();barBuilt=1}
if(ssmItems[i][4]!="no"){document.write('</TR>')}}
document.write('</table>')

How should be they altered?

Yours sincerelly

BLiZZaRD
01-07-2008, 03:36 PM
If you changes ssmItems to ssmItemsES, you need to do it for every instance in that file as well.