PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find this menu! Argh!

mynameis
01-02-2008, 06:34 PM
hello,

its been 2 days of searching and i still havent seen this menu im looking for. Im not really good w/ css. I usually do copy and paste. I have this cheap budget project im working on and this client of mine wants me to have the same drop down menu as HSN's.

Check it here: http://www.hsn.com/

That kind where the drop down menu is divided vertically by categories. Been googling but i am for no luck:(. Any of you guys seen a script that is similar?:confused:

any help would be greatly appreciated!

-nynameis

BLiZZaRD
01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
That's because their's is done 99% in JS. Not CSS. I have found almost similar ones in pure CSS, but not really all that close.

If I had slept a little in the last 3 days I would write one up for you though.

If you can wait till I get home from work and have a little nap I will see what I can do :)

Let me know.

mynameis
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM
u will write it?? damn.. i always admire people who can write their own code. thank you!! me.. i always copy and paste LOL. im going to continue searching too..

mynameis
01-03-2008, 12:33 AM
anybody else here? :confused:

BLiZZaRD
01-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Okay, I was up all night last night working on this. When they say things are impossible it tends to make me angry, LOL

So I have a nav menu, I have a menu of links with a vertical divider, and links on each side.

The "impossible" part is the display of the thing on hover.

Div's can not hide and show other Div's without the use of JavaScript

But I am close. I found a way to hide the divided menu, and on hover... nothing happened. I then found a way to show the hidden div, only the layout was screwed up.

So I am about 80% done with a pure HTML/CSS version and I haven't given up, just got frustrated and had to quit. Give me a little more time. :)

mynameis
01-05-2008, 04:01 PM
aww *hugs* thank you so much. As i was waiting for you, dint waste my time I searched more and i was able to find a css/w/ jscript menu that 'kinda' is close to what i need. took me about 2 days to alter it and i finally got what i want! WOOOOOT:D. so you dont need to finish yours blizzard :)

if anybody in here want a sneak of d script, leme know!

BLiZZaRD
01-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I am very happy you found a working one. Using JS is easy. I will finish mine without the use of JS and prove to the nay sayers that it can't be done.

It may not be pretty to start with, but I can do it! (this is the point where John comes in and does it before me :( )

Now that you have a working one though, I can take my time :)

mynameis
01-06-2008, 04:13 AM
u are so sweet *hugs and kisses* thanks again! :D