PDA

View Full Version : Width Limited Drop Down Chain Select NEED HELP!

nrglift
01-02-2008, 03:16 PM
I would be happy to bless the person who can get this to me the fastest with $25 through paypal. Fell free to call me on my cell at 816.752.4032

This is my problem I have a search form that requires the drop downs width to be kind of small. This works out fine on Firefox but on IE because it uses windows built in form elements and not a browsers like everyone else does they get cut off. Also I have to add in a small chain select that needs to have the same function.

I found this online:
http://icant.co.uk/forreview/tamingselect/tamingselect_demo.html

Which is great but I can't get it to work with a chain select. The form I need is this:

One Form Drop Down List - This is totally on its own no need to chain select
State Drop Down List - When the state is selected the correct cities will be populated in the cities field.
City Drop Down List - Populated from the state field. I have a database with all of cities and the id for the states.

Just to clarify I need a drop downs with cross browser width limiters and a chain select that searches my mysql database and displays the available cities also with a cross browser width limiter.

I would be happy to bless the person who can get this to me the fastest with $25 through paypal. Fell free to call me on my cell at 816.752.4032

nrglift
01-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Any one have any idea on how to make this work?

BLiZZaRD
01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/chainedselects/index.htm

nrglift
01-02-2008, 08:09 PM
I have used that script before the problem is the fields are not width limited. So if make the width only 100px wide and put the words "This is just some sample Text" in ie it will cut the text off at the end of the 100px.

BLiZZaRD
01-03-2008, 07:08 AM
So use shorter text. A smaller font size, or larger text boxes. If you want text boxes to be a specific length, then your text must adapt. If you want the text to fit then the box must adapt.

Pick one, cause trying to have both is pretty ugly.

nrglift
01-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I can't just make the box smaller. If it were my choice I would, but its not. After I find a solution I will post it back here.