PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset Question

Rockonmetal
01-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Ok i recently got a bluetooth headset for my cell. I got an Alcatel Universal NHSTH4C2ALC-BLK Bluetooth Headset (Black). The only problem is... I can't figure out how to work it... Uh...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000REZ810/ref=nosim/?tag=fatwalletcom&linkCode=as1

i've tried to find a manual for it... I've tried Alcatel.com to find a manual but i get sent to their corporate site... Its all to complicated for me... if someone could help me find the manual...

Thanks

tech_support
01-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Try looking for "Bluetooth Audio Enhancements" on your phone.

BLiZZaRD
01-02-2008, 04:38 AM
LOL.. really? Cause I never pictured Rockon for one to wear a dork tag. :confused:

jscheuer1
01-02-2008, 06:33 AM
LOL.. really? Cause I never pictured Rockon for one to wear a dork tag. :confused:

Dork tag!!?? LOL!!! At the same time, I use a corded headset off the Skype on the lap top often and wouldn't mind having a btooth (or other cordless) one so as I could roam around and also do other things while using it.

When I use my regular phone, I almost always use its onboard speaker capability. It's right on the cordless handset. Lets me roam around my house and environs while conversing as long as I keep the handset in shouting distance.

BLiZZaRD
01-02-2008, 06:53 AM
I think the idea is great. But yes we ( a collective anti-bluetooth headset group) call them Dork Tags.

The little blue blinking light emanating from your head, blaring to the entire world: "Look at me, I am a Dork and I can do other things with my hands now!"

I can understand certain needs at certain times. But really, come on... When did holding your cell phone up to your own ear while walking the mall or other store become "difficult" to do?

Really. Dorks.

jscheuer1
01-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I think 'walking the mall' is worse than wearing a headset. I did have a strange experience just yesterday though. I was at party #2 on the retinue of New Years Eve parties when I was in a room with a computer. I asked our hostess if I could go online.

tech_support
01-02-2008, 07:39 AM
What if you're driving? Don't want to get caught holding a mobile phone in your hand.

jscheuer1
01-02-2008, 07:45 AM
DUHD - Driving Using Handheld Device.

BLiZZaRD
01-02-2008, 07:55 AM
What if you're driving? Don't want to get caught holding a mobile phone in your hand.

This is another thing as well. I know I sound anti-technology, but cell phones are stupid as well. Yes, I have one, and they are helpful, but I didn't get my cell phone until just about a year ago.

I don't like them. I don't really want anyone to be able to contact me where ever I am, when ever they want. I have a phone at home. I have voice mail. If you call and I don't answer. Wait.

I have gone about a week without charging my cell phone. It took me another 3 weeks to realize it was dead and I had missed several calls.

I use it so much.

Before wireless technology, the worst invention was call waiting. No sir! If I am on the phone with someone and they put me on hold to answer the other line, I hang up.

jscheuer1
01-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm still without a cell phone. When and if I get one, I will not be available 24/7 on it. At least not after the first week or so (when I first got cable, I was up all night watching movies). Make technology serve you and yours, not the other way round.

Rockonmetal
01-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah... but i had a corded *ankle chains* headset... its pretty bad... while on the phone my calls usually last hours *not business calls lol* and my phone is such that is too thin to hold between my shoulder and ear...
The only problem is with my wireless headset...
I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK IT...
I've plugged it into charge... but it doesn't work... and Alcatel's website is just an overcomplicated retail store buying site. Its a pain in the... so i'm still with ankle chains...
Oh btw Blizzard... its an orange light...

Funny story with bluetooth...
I was at the mall and sitting down next to this person. I didn't know them and they say "Yeah... like its ok for you to sit right next to me... yeah you prick" i was like ok... And he turned to me and pointed to his headset...

BLiZZaRD
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
See, now I would have punched the guy. Orange light, blue light, any light coming from the ear. If he then pointed to his head set, I would have punched that too.

If your phone call is that damn important, go somewhere private where I don't have to hear you. I am glad I am not in the customer service industry now that those things came out. I would be jumping over counters all day. When they come up to the register and they are talking to someone (hopefully) and completely ignore the cashier. Screw that. Your life isn't so important you can't say hello to the person taking your money.

Society and technology has turned us into a herd of pricks.

yup.. I'd be punching people all day. My wife restrains me from doing it in the stores. If not for her I would be in jail right now, most likely.

Rockonmetal
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
lol yeah man... i mean atleast i say if i sit down next to some one... "I'm on the phone, i'm not talking to you..." the person usually leaves since i cuss a lot on the phone...