PDA

View Full Version : Popit Menu Script - Mac ie?

ccihon
05-12-2005, 02:37 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/popit.htm

I've used the Popit menu script and others, but my boss uses Mac IE5 (yuck) and many of the mouse-over menus and tooltips display a strange behavior with the mac browser...the first mouse-over generally works but subsequent ones create a big block that extends from the upper left of the browser window to the cursor, containing no text. PC browsers and even mac Safari work fine. Is there some easy fix that can make these scripts function reasonably well with mac ie?

ddadmin
05-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi:
The main problem is that we currently don't have access to a Mac, so can't debug for that platform. I'm looking to get a Mac most likely this summer, and should be able to start addressing Mac issues with some of the most popular scripts then.

ccihon
05-12-2005, 07:20 PM
I have both mac and pc, but also have tried a ppc emulator called PearPC that run OSX and safari, at least. A bit slow on anything but the fastest PC, but can be useful for dev on mac without a real machine. Safari seems to handle everything better than IE, and Microsoft has stopped working with the mac browser, but it is still shipped and used with new macs. I'll have to keep researching what specifically it doesn't like with these scripts.

ddadmin
05-12-2005, 07:25 PM
PearPC unfortunately runs so slow on my PC that the computer might as well have crashed :) I guess there's no dodging getting a Mac just to test out web pages.