PDA

View Full Version : Where to put script?

MrsEvilGenius
12-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Hello, everyone! I'm giving some CSS a try and have hit a snag.

I have just put DD's horizontal tab menu (regular ddcolourtabs) on my site (lovely! v. pleased!) and I'd like to try the matching drop down tab menu but i can't figure out where to put things.

I understand where the html goes but I have two scripts - the javascript that comes with the download (in this case the dropdowntabs script) which I assume goes in the 'head' portion of my html and the short one on the 'customization' portion of the instructions which is preceeded by: " Script to call following the HTML for both of the above to initialize a Tab Menu instance:":confused:

SO sorry for the dumb n00b questions but I've no idea where to stick these two scripts!

Thank you guys in advance for your help!

djr33
12-31-2007, 08:05 PM
To give the best answer, please link to your page and the script(s) in question.

There are three likely places to put code:

1. In your html. Something like the region to display a script would go there.

2. In the head section. The setup, info, settings, and other code goes here, for both CSS and Javascript.

3. In an external .css or .js file. Same as in the head section, but simply in an external file. (In fact, these are interchangable as you want.)

jscheuer1
12-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I know this is off topic, so read the response before it for some relevant information, but I just had to say that I love your username!

MrsEvilGenius
01-01-2008, 10:31 AM
John, thank you! :D

To give the best answer, please link to your page and the script(s) in question.

Daniel, I would have linked to my page but it's not up - the dropdown menu isn't working. Here is the one I'm attempting to install: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm

There are three likely places to put code:

1. In your html. Something like the region to display a script would go there.

2. In the head section. The setup, info, settings, and other code goes here, for both CSS and Javascript.

3. In an external .css or .js file. Same as in the head section, but simply in an external file. (In fact, these are interchangable as you want.)

Yes, I'm aware of these. 1) The html bit is in the divs in the body of my html.

2) I have tried putting the two javacode scripts in the head - it doesn't work.

3) I have tried external files - also doesn't work.

I have tried every configuration that my poor wee brain can think of and I can't shake the feeling that it's something small and stupidly simple that I have missed.:(

Thank you blokes for your help, though.

*wanders off to bang head on floor*

MrsEvilGenius
01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
eeeEEEeee! happy dance!

I got it to work in testing! It never occured to me to read that line of instruction literally:

"Script to call following the HTML for both of the above to initialize a Tab Menu instance:"

Duh-huh!

OK, let me go see if I can get it to work on the site!