PDA

View Full Version : What is the best web browser?

Ryan Fitton
12-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Just wandering if any of you lot knew what the best web browser is. I use Mozilla FireFox

tech_support
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
There is no best browser. I like Firefox though.

Ryan Fitton
12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
ok, i know there is no best browser but i just meant what is the browsr most peaple like, i think firefox is best! any wat is flock all about? it looks the same as firefox

ruthc
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I agree, there is no 'best'. I think it is whatever you like for whatever you are doing, I use FF, IE, Safari depending on the circumstances

Ruth

tech_support
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Flock is a "web 2.0" browser.

Ryan Fitton
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
oh thanks

Twey
12-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Konqueror's nice.

codeexploiter
12-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Mozilla Firefox (with some add-ons) is the personal favorite.

jscheuer1
12-31-2007, 10:57 AM
It really depends upon the site you are on and how you want to access/render it.

I generally have three browsers open at any given time, and have at least six installed, only counting this one machine, not counting various IE versions.

I like browsers, I think they are cool.

My 'browser of choice' is Opera. FF is very handy. But if I were stuck on a dessert island and needed to access my Chase Bank account, I'd want IE.

I sort of miss (even though I still have it for testing - on two machines!) NS 7, just because it was the coolest looking browser I can remember. Unfortunately, it just isn't up to the task of modern day surfing IMO.

Sharon32
01-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I am using FF and IE, but i like to use FF.

Twey
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
But if I were stuck on a dessert island and needed to access my Chase Bank account, I'd want IE.Who needs a Chase Bank account on a dessert island? About the only thing you'd need would be a spoon :p

boogyman
01-09-2008, 12:28 PM
About the only thing you'd need would be a spoon :p
you mean no spork? c'mon!

Personally I prefer Fx 1.5 if we are going into versions as well, although I have been dabbling with Opera 9.0 lately and I am impressed...

IE well, lets just say that was a waste of the better half of my life haha

jscheuer1
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
They make a browser?

boogyman
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
huh??

twey was commenting that if you were on a deserted island you wouldn't need a computer, but rather just a spoon, I will assume to use for eating and other miscellaneous activities....
I was saying heck with the spoon, you should go with a spork... spoon/fork combination :p

jscheuer1
01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
LOL. Twey was making fun of my spell checker for not informing me that I was mistakenly referring to a sweet after dinner treat. I was just going along with the spirit of that.

If I were really stranded, a spork wouldn't be as useful a tool as I could hope for though, unless it really were on an island full of desserts. Desert is the word I should have used. :rolleyes:

Rockonmetal
01-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I use Firefox because if you view http://www.crashie.com *crashes internet explorer, go there at YOUR OWN RISK!* the first line of code is...

<script>for(x in document.write){document.write(x);}</script><input type crash>
How Microsoft even let the input type crash be a function to crash the browser is beyond me...
Its pretty sad... I like firefox because it also doesn't ask for me to update like other browsers... which "yells" at me to update... firefox allows you to go "update me when they discover a bug or loophole that could possibly be dangerous..."
Which is nice...
so all in all
I
choose
FIREFOX!

jscheuer1
01-10-2008, 02:02 AM
A browser is a browser, is a browser, is a browser (apologies to Gertrude Stein).

If I could code a browser, I would. But I cannot.

One thing I left out in this discussion though that I usually mention is that as good as IE is, and it will be even better with v 8, if early reports are any indication, IE is still the primary target of folks who wish to maliciously hack PC's via the browser interface. Unless that changes, I will continue to prefer to surf with a browser that doesn't have big red bullseye painted on it.

codeexploiter
07-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I think we have to imagine FF without its powerful add-ons. :D

GarethMc
07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
This question is like saying which car is best or which house is best.. its all a matter of opinion and function. For myself I use Opera for my general purpose web surfing (like now on this forum) because it provides better built in support than FF does. I use Firefox for my CSS and JavaScript development testing because of its web development add ons and unfortuantely I don't use IE because I am a Linux user but I do test with IE from my virtual machine just for.. well.. testing (can't ignore that large user base as much as I would like to).

Horses for courses ... Which is best? Whatever works for you really...

Jas
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I sort of miss (even though I still have it for testing - on two machines!) NS 7, just because it was the coolest looking browser I can remember. Unfortunately, it just isn't up to the task of modern day surfing IMO.

I know. I liked the look of NS8 better, though. I liked using it just for the look of it! And then they changed it in NS9. Not sure what they were thinking. :(

Anyway, I am going to go against the grain a little and say that I like IE7. If it suddenly disappeared, I would live, but I use it around 75% of the time and it works well. I just wish it would follow the W3C standards (MS is getting there, finally). My second choice is becoming Firefox 3.0.

tfit
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
The best browser is Orac. Ok, seriously with all the computerpower today we still are fixed behind a screen. We all have mobiles, why can't they get the information? I don't mean on a screen like the iphone, but as speech. I can listen and do other things at the same time, reading and doing something else is much harder

pavan6993
04-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Mozilla firefox is the best browser in my opinion,its very fast and secure.

cyb3rs
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Same here. Firefox atm, but i slowly move on to Google chrome. I like the speed of chrome.

X96 Web Design
04-22-2009, 03:33 AM
jscheuer1 :: IE is still the primary target of folks who wish to maliciously hack PC's via the browser interface. Unless that changes, I will continue to prefer to surf with a browser that doesn't have big red bullseye painted on it.
Ha! Agreed! :D

I use Firefox for all the addons, sometimes flip over to Opera for it's widgets - every browser has an upside and a downside... Firefox is my favourite still.

// X96 WD \\