PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Glider Question

brilang
12-28-2007, 11:23 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Glider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentglider.htm

3) Describe problem: I was wondering if it would be possible to set this up to slide the content horizontally instead of vertically.

ddadmin
12-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Sure, try the below modified featuredcontentglider.js

brilang
01-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the mod.
Can you make it slide the opposite direction horizontally? More like turning pages in a book... :)

Thanks a bunch.

rossfeldman
01-25-2008, 09:26 PM
The horizontal glider is great! Thanks!

Can you tweak it further so that Prev slides content to the left, and next slides content to the right?

Thanks in advance.

Ross

rossfeldman
01-25-2008, 09:31 PM
hehe...got that backward...next should slide to the left (so you can read the next item to the right) and prev should slide the right (so you read the next item to the left).

Mind-bending...

Thanks

rossfeldman
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi...just checking in. Ever hopeful...

ddadmin
01-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Ok, try the below .js file. It's based on the script that was updated Jan 29th, but modified to reverse the glide direction when previous button is clicked. I may update the official script with the behavior as well soon.

rossfeldman
01-31-2008, 09:47 PM
ah thanks...this is perfect!

marcaodd
02-07-2008, 12:34 PM
first of all, thks very much for this script! Its helping me a lot!

Iīm trying to use it to toggle between youtube videos and iīm having some problems.

1. I want to disable the animation shown when a video is toggled but i donīt know how to do it. It doesnīt work properly with embeded youtube tags.

2. If iīm playing a video and i toggle to another, the video thatīs playing continues loading and the new one is showed (i think its due to the fact that the javascript just hides and shows divs and donīt reload or disable them). Is there a way to change that?

I donīt know if this script is the right choice to make a youtube videos toggler, so if anyone knows one with this especific purpose please introduce me!

thx again! :D

ddadmin
02-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Marcaodd:
In the future, please start your own thread when asking a question. You're right, if you have videos embedded within a content for this script, it will not stop playing just because you've selected another panel to view. This is because the script is hiding/ showing the panels, not "emptying" them. Hiding a panel doesn't affect a video on it from stopping.

Until I have time to think about a solution for this, currently another script that does address this limitation is Tab Content Script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm), specifically, if you've specified to use IFRAME to display the tabbed contents. Any video inside one of those contents will stop plahing when a different content is selected.