PDA

View Full Version : IE/Firefox Colour Problems! Please help :-(

SayNOtoNWO
12-24-2007, 06:07 PM
For the life of me, I just can't seem to sort this out!

Basically, all colours on all websites and even on Windows Live Messenger have seemed to just disappear. No background images on any websites are every displayed, using both Firefox and IE, and I've even tried other Explorers! It's just the basic white background, black and gray text. Some images are displayed, but not all. It doesn't happen on all applications either, which is kind of confusing.

I've checked both IE and Firefox properties, and both seem to be all normal. It can't be my graphics card, as, as I've said, it's not all applications. It's just mainly websites and Windows Live Messenger.

Here are some screenshots.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/KasPeR88_2007/?action=view&current=Problems2.png

This one is me writing this message to you guys. I'm almost sure that this page is not designed to look so basic.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/KasPeR88_2007/?action=view&current=Problems1.png

Here's a screenshot of kasper88.blogspot.com AND my Windows Live Messenger client. You can see from the blogspot page if you look at it through your own browser that the background is actually black, and the text is also a different colour.

PLEASE help me... This is getting to be very irritating.

As I've said, I've checked all the colour properties for IE and Firefox, and everything seems to be okay... Until you actually look at a page, and then you'll see the different.

Please offer as many possible solutions as you can. I've tried so much so far without luck.

Thanks very much!

lainlives
12-24-2007, 07:35 PM
i fail to see the problem

SayNOtoNWO
12-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Okay... There are no background images showing up. Text is limited to being Black or Gray... Backgrounds of web pages is limited to being white. Only half the borders are showing up on things that need borders.

Just stuff like this... Compare your backgrounds to this page to the snapshot I put up on photobucket, andthe one on blogspot, too... You'll see.

BLiZZaRD
12-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Would you by chance be using Norton firewall? Norton has had problems displaying images and text when certain attributes are defined. i.e. both height and width of images, if one is defined or none, the image is loaded fine, but if both are defined the image is blocked.

Check your firewall settings either way.

ravi
10-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Did any of you guys got the solution, I am facing the same issue. I do not see the coloured web page it is completely empty, no photos at the back ground....

PcTestCard.com
10-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I have seen a web site got something to do with the web site color and hope it helps:
http://www.pagetutor.com/colorpicker/index.html

sabz
01-29-2009, 01:16 AM
hi, you could try this:

go to tools>internet options

at the bottom you should see 'accessibility' option, click on that and you should see some more options in another window.

make sure that the first box that says 'ignore colors specified on web pages' is UNCHECKED.

you should do so for the other box's if neccessary.