PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver starting while active on comp

kindlin
12-18-2007, 04:44 AM
my SS is set to start up in 7 mins, and i go afk for 1-5 mins a lot for water, bathroom, quick snack, whatever; and a lot of the time, if not most, after being back for a little while my screen will go black. ill have to tab out of the blank screen/SS and using my main taskbar at my desktop, right click on the SS program and exit. it gives me the "this program is not responding please end task" thing and i do and it goes away and i continue from then on unabated.

if i don't end task it all i ever see besides my taskbar at the bottom of my screen is a blank screen. i cant tab into any game or go to any window without shutting down my screensaver.

It doesn't always happen but I'm not sure why it doesn't detect me typing, using my mouse, even loading entire programs and things. I'm assume its still waiting for the 7 minutes then starting but its pretty annoying...

any hep would be appreciated.

BLiZZaRD
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a 3rd party screen saver program.

I would un-install it. Seems buggy at best.

Thanatos Erabus
01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
are you sure its just going to ss? and its not that its the power saver?
mine would turn off and it was just cuz if it was left idle the power would cut out till you move the mouse. next time look and see if the light on your monitor goes yellow.
if so u can change this through control pannel