PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS3 connecting to Mysql with PHP

Perspective
12-18-2007, 01:08 AM
I am new to creating Mysql Databases and would like to use Dreamweaver CS3.
I have no trouble connecting to my hosted database and viewing the page on the localhost testing server. Everything looks fine when I do that.

Dreamweaver lets me create recordsets and display the data however I want using my database that is hosted at hostdepartment.com.

Anyway when I upload my pages and try to view them it takes forever in the browser then I get the message that the page can not be displayed, no error message just at the bottom it says cannot find server or DNS error in Internet explorer. Firefox on my mac wants to download the php file.

To clarify, my website is hosted with Go Daddy and the database is hosted with hostdepartment.com - only because Go Daddy will not let you connect to their database using dreamweaver and I had that account set up before I realized that (at least that is what they told me)

boogyman
12-18-2007, 01:08 PM
GoDaddy does not have support for php.

djr33
12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
What? Sure they do. PHP has a few features disabled on the windows configurations like mail(), but linux is full.

Perspective
12-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I have contacted Go Daddy twice and they will not help since I am using Dreamweaver CS3.

I can connect to the database by using a php code that I type in, but can not connect with Dreamweaver's tools, which is what I want to do and use. So I set up hosting under a different company that will allow me to connect with Dreamweaver, but then I get the errors when I make the page live.

Perspective
12-31-2007, 02:16 AM
This thread can be closed. I did figure it out with Go Daddy.
Once I had my connection information correct and my testing server info correct it worked fine - I just had to type in the connection info and not use the Dreamweaver Tool.

Thanks - I love this forum - it has helped me so much during my learning process.:D