PDA

View Full Version : picture on mouseover outside frame

jlvanliere
05-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Hello,

Can somebody help me with the following:

I used the on mouseover script from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imagetooltip.htm and it works fine. But my problem is this: I use frames for my site but the frame isn't large enough for the images. They are partly outside the frame.

Please check my site to see what I mean.
www.bafjalofzo.nl then menu > 'nieuw' > 'foto's'
As you can see the 2nd picture to the left (and others) is partly outside the frame.
What can I do about this? How can I make sure that the picture is shown completely inside the frame?

Thanks for your help.

Lennart

jscheuer1
05-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I really don't think this script is right for this situation. The reason the pictures are too far to the left is that there isn't room enough for them on the right. If we change the script to display the images in the middle, the thumbnails will be covered and that will interrupt the mouseover event, leading to flickering of the large images. What you have done here is to put too much content into too little space. You are not the first to do this and will not the last so, don't feel too bad about it. I'd suggest possibly using another script. I'm not sure which one would work well though, in a frame of this size using images of this size. Perhaps a more traditional gallery approach would suit the situation. In this approach, each large image has its own page. When you click on a small image in the gallery it loads the page for the large image into the frame. On this page you have the large image and 3 links:

last
index
next

Clicking on 'last' will show the previous large image's page, 'index' will return you to the page of thumbnails and 'next' takes you to the next large image's page. I am sure you have seen this sort of thing before. Here is an example:

http://www.mediajazzbynight.com/2004/gallery1/index.html

It is not inside a frame but would, with minor modification, fit inside your frame. The width of the index would have to be less and the detail pages would need to have all content centered. Then it would fit in your frame.

Hope this helps, I'm sure there are other solutions.

jlvanliere
05-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks for your reply jscheuer1.

Maybe it's also possible to change the script and make the images appear in a new window (like a popup) instead of in the origional frame?

Cheers,

Lennart