View Full Version : Swiss Army slideshow: question about the control buttons

nskytlan
12-06-2007, 12:54 AM
1) Script Title:
Swiss Army slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
Is there a way to change the control buttons from a broswer default button that says "next" to just a text link that is ">>"? I've seen examples of how to replace the button with an image, but nothing pointing to how to make them just simple text links. Can someone help me? I should add, what I'm ultimately trying to get to is to replace the standard controls on the slideshow script so that the slideshow:
1. Randomly plays when loaded (which is already an option that I have enabled)
2. Uses "<" and ">" as text links for the previous and next buttons (need help here)
3. Not have a "stop" or "play" button. I'd like to get rid of this so that there is no "stop" option (need help here as well). The "pause over hover" feature is enough for me...

Does anyone know how to do that?

robpet1972
01-15-2008, 09:27 PM
This change that you ask for can be done in the js file. Just search for ">>" (no quotes) and then adjust the HTML text.

I also want your #1 and #3. I have it randomly sorting, but in order to have the controls, I have to start the slideshow in stopped mode, and can't get it to rotate... Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can the show to open in start mode, with no stop button?

The random part is easy...

Thanks in advance.

rob