PDA

View Full Version : opening link within a popup in a new window under FF

FireWolf
12-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi guys,

I've never been a vivid users of popups so not experienced at all on the way they behave.
I'm working on this page where I need to push some contents in a popup window. In that popup window I have 1 single link (generated dynamically) that will send the user to a contact form. Everything works just fine in IE but in FF when the link is clicked the contact form opens in a new tab in the popup itself and not in a new window as I would like to.
I have

<a target="_blank" href="code-and-some-parameters-sent-to-contact-form">Contacter ce partenaire</a>
so the target is well set to _blank
Is there any way to force the link to open in a new window under Firefox ?

Regards
FireWolf

BYK
12-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Not a preferable way but you can try the "window.open" Javascript function again for opening the link in a new window. If you set everything to "yes" or "1" ind the parameters part (such as "scroll=yes, location=yes") the new window should be a complete and a normal window :)

jscheuer1
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Depending upon its settings, a browser may decide to do whatever it likes with a pop up. That said, if the browser will allow it, this is sufficient:

<a onclick="window.open(this.href,this.target);return false;" target="_blank" href="code-and-some-parameters-sent-to-contact-form">Contacter ce partenaire</a>