PDA

View Full Version : Pop-It menu combined with HV Menu?

softwarezman
05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Script: Pop-It Menu
http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/popit.htm

I was just wondering what it would take to combine the capability of the Pop-It Menu (mouseover brings up menu) with the HV Menu (sub-links in the menu's etc)?

My situation requires the ability to have the mouseover bring up the menu, showing "Uncollected" and then inside that menu it has, for example, a list of all the reasons why the 'target' was uncollected.

I am not sure exactly what it would take to either modify the HV menu for mouseover's or modify the pop-it menu to allow submenus.

Can anybody help?

Zane

jscheuer1
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I may be missing something here but since HV allows 3 levels of sub menus and they look no different to me than the pop-it menu's one level, why not just use another HV level?

softwarezman
05-06-2005, 11:40 AM
The only problem is i need pop-its capability to have the menu popup over the link. Having it the other way around where you have the 'target' IN the menu would work but the way our interface will be designed, would seriously hamper the ability for our users to use it efficiently. It would look something like this...

|Unprocessed |Tasked |Planned |

And when you move the mouse over target1,2, or 3 it pops up all the actions that are associated with every target, i.e. what it was tasked with, or what it was planned with etc.

Its hard to explain without going into details I can't go into (parts of it are classified :( )

I'll look into the possibility of having the targets in the first menu 'layer' or whatnot but it would SEEM easier (I don't know enough about java to determine such a thing) to add popup capabilities... or I could totally be wrong! Either way comments are appreciated!