PDA

View Full Version : Pasting From Word

rohit_purohit
11-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Hello EveryBody

I Am Pasting A String From Microsoft Word And Then Saving It To MysQl Using A WsYGIG Editor. The Problem Is That In That Some Extra Formatting Like ‐ for '-' Also Comes. And It Is Saved To DataBase Also . I Don't Want This

Can Any Body Tell Me How To REmove This Extra Coding.......Using Javascript

djr33
11-22-2007, 08:30 AM
First, I Don't Know WhY YoU aRe CaPiTaLiZiNg LiKe ThIs....

There are some easy tricks here:

1. Don't paste directly. Paste into a plain text editor, ie, notepad. Then paste into the form.

2. If you have special characters that the WYSIWYG editor is overwriting, then that means it does this, unrelated to word. (Type it and the same should happen.)
The only way to fix that would be to rewrite the parsing in the WYSIWYG editor, which is hard, and we would obviously need some actual information on what you're doing (like the code) to have any idea about that.

Also, using those special characters are probably right because that's how it converts for displaying in html. It may be overkill, though.

If this doesn't answer your question, you'll need to give us some specific info, like a link to your page so we can see what is happening.

rohit_purohit
11-22-2007, 08:49 AM
I Want That When A String Value Comes From The Editor At The Saving Time
Before Inputing It To Database I Want First To Reencode It And Remove Word Formatting From It Like I Want To Replace That – To "-" using JAvascript

djr33
11-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Ah. Word saves terrible html. Don't use it. Cut, paste, and reformat. It will save time, and actually work properly.