PDA

View Full Version : Query!!!

sidarha
11-22-2007, 05:01 AM
why this code doesn't overlays drop down menu, i mean why overlay() doesn't works here??

<h:selectOneMenu
id="pserviceDomainIdUiText"
value="#{EndpointSearchHandler.dsEventHdlr.pserviceDomainId}"
valueChangeListener="#{EndpointSearchHandler.resetFirstRowIndexOfEndpoints}"
immediate="true"
onchange="this.form.submit();overlay();">
<f:selectItems
value="#{EndpointSearchHandler.dsEventHdlr.serviceDomainFilterList}" />
</h:selectOneMenu>

tech_support
11-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Oh wow, it's a query!!! Oh!!! A query about what? Oh, I don't know, it doesn't show it on the thread title. How do I know if I can help you or not?

Please people, use a more descriptive thread title!

codeexploiter
11-22-2007, 05:59 AM
The problem here is before invoking the overlay() you are submitting a form as a result the page will be loaded freshly or another page will be loaded based on the action attribute of your form.

The overlay() is not getting the control for the execution in the current situation.

sidarha
11-23-2007, 10:32 AM
@ techsupport
dat was rude but acceptable....

@ codeexploiter
any solutions for the problem..??

Twey
11-23-2007, 10:56 AM
@ techsupport
dat was rude but acceptable....We get more threads with titles like "query," "a question," or "PLZZZ HELP MI IS ERJENT" than you'd believe possible. No really? You have a question? In a help forum? What on Earth will these crazy kids think up next? Another common misconception seems to be that the more Zs you use when mutilating the word "please," the faster you get help. You must allow us our sarcasm, it's how we survive :p

Also, please don't make two posts instead of one for no apparent reason. Double-posting is considered rude on most forums. Merged.

Your problem is most likely as codeexploiter said. In that case, the obvious solution is to submit your form after calling overlay(). However, since you're using some form of XML-based markup language with which I'm not familiar, I can't be entirely sure. The output would be more helpful, since it looks as if it ought to render down into (X)HTML.

sidarha
11-27-2007, 09:50 AM
cud anyone provide a more concrete solution, i am not able to get through with it...

tech_support
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Try changing this:

onchange="this.form.submit();overlay();"
to this:

onchange="overlay();this.form.submit();"

Like Twey said.

sidarha
11-28-2007, 09:05 AM
sorry it is not working...

tech_support
11-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Try removing the this.form.submit()

If that doesn't work,
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.