PDA

View Full Version : Ajax page loaded in DIV push value back

kevin_dalby
11-15-2007, 05:56 PM
SCRATCH THIS REQUEST. I used the Ajax Basic GET & POST techniques instead and have tighter control over what i'm trying to do.

1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm using CodeCharge to build this with DD scripts in the mix. I have a listbox that calls the ajax page in the DIV and passes a parameter properly. The parameter is used to look-up a database value and present it in a form on the called page.

What I'd like to do next is take the values in the fields of the looked-up form and push them back to the calling page/div using an on-load event of an element on the called page.

I don't know the format for this in javascript to refer back to the calling ?page?

is it

document.form.MyForm.TargetFieldName.value=
document.form.LookedUpForm.SourceField.value

or does it need 'parent' in front ? or do i need a div with an id in the calling page to refer back to and how?

thanks to anyone who can help out - the script works great for calling the results page and passing the parameter to it :)

Kevin

ddadmin
11-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Are you actually dealing with two separate pages here, or just one physical page, with the contents of another fetched via Ajax (so the previous page is never navigated away from)? With the former, you'll actually have to either rely on cookies or URL parameters to pass info from one page to the next.