PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Slider - Pagination links stop "auto slide" mode

msmedley
11-15-2007, 04:55 PM
1) Script Title:
Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am using Firefox and Featured Content Slider in "auto slide" mode with "persistence" off.

If I click on one of the pagination links, the "auto slide" mode is canceled. The page just sits there and doesn't go onto the next. Is this normal behavior? And if not, ideas how to fix it?

ddadmin
11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, that's normal behavior. The slideshow is stopped if the user clicks on any of the pagination links. Otherwise, it can be a rather frustrating experience depending on who you ask. :)

Petronella
12-27-2007, 06:04 AM
I downloaded the content slider and it's working, but as far as I can see, the autorotate feature is not default and has to be added on. I don't understand from the directions on the page how to do it. I'm a web designer, but no javascript expert. Can anyone tell me how to add this feature?

ddadmin
12-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Petronella:
By default you'd start the script by calling something like:

ContentSlider("slider1")

To enable the auto rotate feature, just define the second optional parameter (in milliseconds):

ContentSlider("slider1", 3000)

This causes the contents to rotate every 3 seconds, for example.

Petronella
12-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Got it, thanks a lot!

robf
02-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Does anyone know how to turn the slideshow off? - e.g. via onclick.
I'd like to add a STOP link beneath the slideshow.

I'm trying to figure out how to reset autorotate to false.

Thanks.
Rob

ddadmin
02-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Robf:
In the future please start a new thread when asking a question. Regarding it, is your "stop" link inside the pagination DIV or outside of it?