PDA

View Full Version : Bookmark Site on Entry

xxstarvisionsxx
05-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Does anyone know how I can get my site to automatically add to visitors bookmarks? Not the script that they click on to add to bookmark but one that will automatilly put the link in their bookmark pages, thanks for any help, the only thing I can think of is a popup but that would be annoying everytime the page is loaded.

ddadmin
05-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Not that I know of. This is a frowned upon practice, as the action is done without the user's permission. Browser settings in most modern browsers do not support this as a result.

mwinter
05-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know how I can get my site to automatically add to visitors bookmarks?You cannot, thank goodness.

[...] a popup but that would be annoying everytime the page is loaded.Yet playing about with the user's software without permission is somehow not annoying, nor an invasion of privacy? Right... :rolleyes:

Mike

xxstarvisionsxx
05-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Well, I would definetly add something into the Privacy Policy at the site. How about a code for a very small popup that asks, would you like to add this site to your bookmarks, can someone help me with this? Thankyou for your help.

BTW, I use VBULLETIN myself, so this site is great for me.