PDA

View Full Version : How I can ?

vaibhav24in
11-10-2007, 02:01 PM
How I can log on to the computer if I have forgotten my windows password? is there some trick to do so?

Twey
11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Several. Which version of Windows?

vaibhav24in
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Windows XP professional service pack 3

Twey
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Boot up in safe mode, choose the "Administrator" account (which, 80% of the time, will not have a password) and change your password from there. Then set a password on the Administrator account. And don't forget it.

BLiZZaRD
11-10-2007, 05:02 PM
You won't always need safe mode for this. You will if you have the GUI user account select enabled (click on the name, then enter password) but if you have the text based (ctrl + alt + del then enter name and then password) you can just do "Administrator" as the username and then nothing for the password.

Just FYI ;)

thetestingsite
11-10-2007, 05:22 PM
You won't always need safe mode for this. You will if you have the GUI user account select enabled (click on the name, then enter password) but if you have the text based (ctrl + alt + del then enter name and then password) you can just do "Administrator" as the username and then nothing for the password.

Just FYI ;)

Actually, even if you have the gui version of the login screen, you can use ctrl + alt + delete and it will prompt you for a username and password.

More FYI.

Twey
11-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Actually then it's ctrl + alt + (delete, delete) :)

lainlives
11-18-2007, 01:25 AM
yea, the admin password exploit, its weird that at my old school that they didnt password protect the admin account, it allowed me to take off the password for HSADMIN, since the login wasnt network based like my new school