PDA

View Full Version : timeout alert

hantz
11-10-2007, 06:31 AM
i got timeout of 40min on my asp page...after the timeout the page being redirected to another url...
how can i generate alert window 30 seconds before the timeout(after 39 min and 30 sec) .
inside the alert will be 'ok' and 'cancel'
ok will make a refresh of the page(new timout)
cancel will redirect the page to another page...(if the cancel part is problematic it can be ignored)

heelp:)

hantz
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
now i use this code for timout redirection.
it redirects after a minute(60000), how can i setup it to jump an alert with ok&cancell after minute-30secondes...alert with the options i wrote above:thumbsup:

onLoad="setTimeout('Session_Redirect()', 60000)">

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function Session_Redirect(){
window.location = "<%=Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")%>?timeout=Yes"
}
//-->
</script>

hantz
11-10-2007, 08:51 AM
ok...i probebly havn't explain my question well...
imagen a page with timeout of 60 min...(after 60 min it redirects to yahoo.com)
now thats part i already have.

now here comes the question:
imagen that after 59.5minutes(30 seconds before the timeout) jumps an alert that tells you that if in the running 30 seconds you won't press on the alert button you will be redirected.
if you will pess the page will be refreshed and new timeout will begin...if you will do nothing in those 30 seconds the page will be redirected...

Rohan72
11-10-2007, 09:29 AM
You explained it well...

It just seems that you aren't patient. The people here answering the thousends of questions posted here, will answer you when they have time for that.
All of them have regular jobs and just do this in their own free time to help others (like you and me) out of all the jams they get in.

So just be patient and wait for more then an hour to repost.