PDA

View Full Version : Cash Register SQL database

Mehok
11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
ok i have a data base for my products and i can use it as i would a cash register but i would like for it to print it like an invoice on a template without having the invoice ready printed before hand is there a way to add the template so when i press save and print it prints all the structure and info on a blank page

boogyman
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
you want it to print in a template but not in a template? umm thats confusing.

if you are using some type of server-side coding such as PHP you can save the products to a session "shopping cart" and when the user saves the page it can be put into a cookie and/or print you can create a default structure of how to print the page.

if thats not what you are looking for can you please explain it again?

Mehok
11-10-2007, 07:39 PM
yes that is very helpful thank you but you miss understood

Right at this moment in time i have invoices printed templates and i have to organise data each time and i would like to get this set up as an SLQ or MySQL database

what i want to do is some how store the template in and when i input data it will print data + template eliminating the printed invoice templates i pay for to get done

so in a way i would like to make an SQL database work like a cash register so when i input data like address phone number and other fields it would print on an A4 Sheet of paper with an invoice template so the A4 Page is blank when i place it in the print fead tray

boogyman
11-12-2007, 03:14 AM
oh well that is just a matter of creating the database how you want it... then creating a html template and a stylesheet for online viewing... if you need help with your database design we would need to know the fields you want in your database (info you will store)

Mehok
11-22-2007, 01:05 PM
CustomerName:
CustomerAddress:

ProductID
Product Description
Price Ex VAT
Price +VAT

Subtotal
Paid
Due

these are the fields that i have written on the Invoice and i would like to make into a database

VAT is a Value Added Tax in ireland on goods and services 21% on a product and about 15% on a service