PDA

View Full Version : Applet's in Firefox (HHCTRL)

wishiwasageek
04-30-2005, 02:04 PM
I have an applet in an IFRAME which works fine in IEv6 but not in Firefox1.03
How do I embed the applet in Firefox as an object?

How do I find out what the CLUID thingy number is??

The IFrame loads no worries, but the links within the iframe loaded by the applet don't work, or don't seem load properly.

In case you know of it, it is the applet HHCTRL created in Microsoft HTML help software.

Thanx stax
WIWAG :o

jscheuer1
04-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I have actually done something like this. I have an applet that is embedded on a page that displays in an Iframe. I did nothing special. Would your applet run in FF if it were launched from a regular page?

mwinter
04-30-2005, 05:17 PM
[...] How do I embed the applet in Firefox as an object?If you literally mean an object element, then I answered this in the alt.html newsgroup late last year. The OP in that case wanted to know how to include applets in Strict HTML documents (http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=opsjfitwo1x13kvk%40atlantis).

How do I find out what the CLUID thingy number is??You don't need to. As far as I'm aware, IE is the only user agent that cares. Other user agents know how to handle both the object element, and applets, correctly.

Hope that helps,
Mike

wishiwasageek
05-02-2005, 12:42 AM
When you say "nothing special" perhaps I haven't coded my stuff correctly!
What I've got is:

<APPLET CODE = "HHCtrl.class" WIDTH = "100%" HEIGHT = "99%" ALIGN = "center" VSPACE = "3">
<PARAM NAME = "Command" VALUE="Contents">
<PARAM NAME = "Item1" VALUE="FILENAME.HHC">
</APPLET>

Perhaps firefox is having trouble with the .HCC file? rather than anything else...not sure.

Is there anything "more" special I should be doing?

thanx stax

wishiwasageek
05-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Will check out page without IFRAME, thing was it used to work- I think it was an upgrade or something since then it hasn't worked.

I may have to actually go and learn what jar files are and how they work etc, but I'm just trying to keep the thing running at the moment....!!

thanx stax both of you again
WIWAG

wishiwasageek
05-03-2005, 07:07 AM
This thread can be CLOSED cause- I think it's actually more to do with the way Firefox and IE read/interpret relative and absolute URL's.

I'll start another thread on that.

thanx stax for all the help