PDA

View Full Version : How to make embeded Email?

khaled450
11-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I am building this website and I was wondering how to make a mailing services imbeded in the site. What i mean is the same idea as this website where users could have mailbox to receive and send messages from and to users within the site. Is there a free script somewhere that I can get and change it. The main thing in here is that there wouldn't be address as me@site.com it's simply list of the users.

:o

Jas
11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I think you mean a PM system. I don't of any free ones out there-- you can try google. . . Or you can try building it. You would need to use PHP and MySQL to do that. The user submits a message and a user name, and that is stores in MySQL. When the user logs in, you compare that user's name to the messages in the MySQL database. I asume this is what you are looking for?

djr33
11-09-2007, 07:10 PM
http://php-mysql-tutorial.com <<learn yourself
Or, find any number of bulletin board scripts out there, some free, such as phpBB (the most popular, though you might like others more)
That would be embedded in the forum, though, so you'd need to adjust it to fit into your site or just have it in the forum.
Writing it all would be a lot of work and adjusting an existing system would be complex as it has a lot of dependencies on the setup.
Sure, see if google has one. It might.