PDA

View Full Version : Omni Slide Menu Problem

prashantjain19
10-31-2007, 07:12 AM
1) Script Title: Omni Slide Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/omnislide/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am using the omni slide menu in a web application that I'm developing. The problem I'm facing is that my page has an iframe which contains an applet. Now when I mouse over on the menu, it goes underneath the applet on the iframe. This problem doesnt occur when the iframe contains form elements. I have attached a screenshot of how the menu appears. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me why this is happening. thanks.

jscheuer1
10-31-2007, 07:20 AM
I can tell you why more or less, but unless that is a Flash applet, I cannot give you an easy solution. The why is that an applet is a plug in and as such follows the display configuration for that type of plug in. Most plug ins display over everything and anything else on a page. Sometimes a parameter or attribute or a parameter and an attribute can change this. Flash has this capability. Others may, but if they do, I'm not aware of what parameter/attribute is used. In Flash, it is the 'wmode', which is set as both a parameter and as an attribute to 'transparent'.

prashantjain19
10-31-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, this is a stupid java applet. Is there anything that can be done about that?