PDA

View Full Version : Flash launching Image Thumbnail Viewer??

trebtreb
10-31-2007, 03:22 AM
1) Script Title:
Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem:
Could someone help me out. I'd like to use flash to open the thumbnail viewer but <a href> is kind of non existent.

What i can do is:
getURL("javascript:someFunction()")

How possible is it to reference the right javaScript Function in thumbnailviewer.js
and send it the right info?? I dont know much about jS so im not sure what to send it or how it works.

jscheuer1
10-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Assuming you can actually do that:

getURL("javascript:someFunction()")

What you would need to do is to setup the links on the page anyway (example from the demo page):

<a href="castle.gif" rel="thumbnail" title="This is beautiful castle for sale!">Castle</a>

But you wouldn't need all of that (the red in the above could go), some extra id info (red in the below) would be required, and your users wouldn't need to see them (green container division):

<div style="display:none;">
<a id="castle" href="castle.gif" rel="thumbnail" title="This is beautiful castle for sale!"></a>
<a id="house" href="hill_house.gif" rel="thumbnail" title="House on a hill"></a>
<a id="forrest" href="forrest.gif" rel="thumbnail" title="A lovely forrest"></a>
</div>

Once you have all of that in the body someplace, anywhere in the body really, and you install the script on the page as far as Step 1 from the demo page goes, you could use this in your Action Script:

getURL("javascript:thumbnailviewer.stopanimation();thumbnailviewer.loadimage(document.getElementById('castle'));")

Or perhaps it would need to be:

getURL("javascript:void(thumbnailviewer.stopanimation());void(thumbnailviewer.loadimage(document.getElementById('castle')));")

trebtreb
11-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Wow, you’re an absolute champ!
Works fine!
The fade animation seems to only work on mouse movement for some strange reason but im not too worried and just switched it off.
Thanks so much for your help. Absolutely tops.