PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ajax Content issues in IE6 only

lmellor
10-29-2007, 02:42 PM
1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have built a fully functioning site featuring a couple of scripts to aid the navigation of the (awful) content provided to me, the url is;

http://www.lavendertours.info/test

Everything works fine in firefox and IE7, however in IE6 there is no content displayed at all, the nav bar shows up but none of the dynamic content, the script has had a minor tweak added to load another script for the holidays page, this all functions fine in the aforementioned browsers (just not the dreaded IE6).

Any help you could give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Luke.

jscheuer1
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
The order in which you are loading things up:

loadobjs('switchcontent.js', 'switchicon.js', 'switch.css', 'switchvar.js', 'switchcall.js')

Is either not being respected by IE 6 or it is and some part of it is executing before the content for it has been imported. Also, switchvar.js has a syntax error:

function LinkUp()
{
var number = document.DropDown.excursion.selectedIndex;
location.href = parent.excursion.location=
}

and parent.excursion.location might not be valid anyway. The word location is reserved, if you are also using it for the name of a form element, at least some browsers may not like it. Your not using the var number, so it looks to me as though this script is a left over of an edited script that may never have worked and certainly doesn't now. If it is not being used, it should be removed from the page (not be loaded).

Getting back to the first issue, since you appear to be using loadobjs onload of the page, you might as well hard code a link to the css file and make the scripts ordinary external scripts. Once you do that, the error will either disappear or become noticeable in other browsers with better error reporting and be more easily dealt with as a result.

BTW, as it stands now, the script on Holidays doesn't work in FF either.

lmellor
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
cheers for that, I have sorted out the problem now, back to my original problem of the script not loading for the holidays page (I had this a while back), I'll try n get it sorted.

Thanks for the help.

Luke.

lmellor
10-30-2007, 04:37 PM
solved it now thanks, you are a star, had to remove the ; from the code you gave me, seems to have solved it!

I honestly don't know where I'd be without you, you've so far managed to answer every question I've ever had on this forum, cheers dude, owe you one.

Luke.