PDA

View Full Version : Can the "Accept terms" for submission script be modified?

alohatrojan
10-29-2007, 03:30 AM
1) Script Title: "Accept terms" form submission

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/acceptterm.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi, I am new to this forum and hope somone here can help. I don't know squat about javascript, but The "Accept terms" for form submission script is just what I'm looking for. However, I was wondering it's possible to add a required text field for the user to insert their name/signature in addition to the mandatory checkbox before they can submit the form.

For example, they currently check the box while declaring, "I accept the terms and conditons..." but I would like to take this one step further and make them type their name:

"I, (so and so), accept the terms and conditons..."

I have been able to insert a text box, but cannot figure out how to integrate it as a required field in this script. Any help would be MUCH appreciated...Thank you so much in advance.

TimFA
10-29-2007, 03:49 AM
What point does this text-box have? If nothing (as in its data isn't used anywhere) then just put it in, I haven't looked at the scripts, but it should just ignore it. Please explain if I'm wrong.

alohatrojan
10-29-2007, 03:56 AM
Thanks for your response. I would like to use the text box field as a parent signture on an enrollment form for a summer camp I run. So, it's really being used as a parent authorization/release, that's why I'd like the parent/guardian to input (type) their full name in addition to checking the box (which then activates the submit button). I hope I'm not being too confusing.

EDIT: The Enrollment Form data entered by the user come to me via email; it doesn' t go into a database. So I would have the printed copy of the parent's siganture, PLUS the additional proof they had to check the checkbox in order to submit the form. Thanks again.

TimFA
10-29-2007, 04:07 AM
Ok, I think I understand, but how are you sending the data? To do that you need PHP.

alohatrojan
10-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Well, I have a Yahoo hosting account and am just using its Sitebuilder program which automatically emails me the form results. I can also add in my own html, which I've done with this Accept terms script. Here's a link to the current version of the form I'm working on:

http://www.alohabeachcamp.com/copy2_of_enrollment_form

As you see at the bottom, you have to check the box to activate the submit button. But, I was also hoping to integrate a required field text field where it says, "I agree to the above terms."

I know how to make the text field, but not how to make it required via integration with this dynamic drive script. Thanks SO much for your help with this!

TimFA
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM
No problem. Give me a while to get it ready, this is more of a test post and to let you know I'm working on it. DD when I logged in first time said I was banned for a month, no clue why. This time didn't say it...hoping I'm not.

EDIT: That was odd! Whew. And I sense it was related to a certain thread in the lounge relating to the asking of twenty questions...its deleted...

EDIT2: Also I suggest you check it out, my browser FF 2 lagged bad when it first loaded. I'm on broadband cable, so I don't think its me.

TimFA
10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Now related to the situation:

Do you want the script to require a name before it un-greys the button? Or just the box checked?

EDIT: I see your other topic, sorry I couldn't get on sooner. This script is WAY out of my league, ddadmin or tech_support will be along to help you, sorry.

-Tim

alohatrojan
10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for your help and time anyway, Tim, I really appreciate it.