PDA

View Full Version : Scrollable Text Problem

lwatson
10-27-2007, 03:45 AM
1) Script Title: Scrollable content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/scrollc2.htm

3) Describe problem: When I add the code to my page it deactivates my top rollover nav menu. My page link is http://www.ceedinc.net/main/home.html

insanemonkey
10-27-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't understand...

there seems to be an error...
is the menu suppose to move on the top where it says..
| home | about us | services | prices | support | contacts |

the top menu???

EDIT: I think this is called spam. or maybe not...

jscheuer1
10-27-2007, 04:43 AM
You have an onload conflict:

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
onLoad="preloadImages();MM_preloadImages('images/part1_f2.gif','images/part1_f3.gif','images/home_28_f2.gif','images/home_28_f3.gif','images/supo1_f2.gif','images/supo1_f3.gif','images/home_32_f2.gif','images/home_32_f3.gif','images/home_33_f2.gif','images/home_33_f3.gif')">

and later:

window.onload=getcontent_height

There are various ways to resolve this. The one that leaps to mind is removing the second bit of code, and combining it into the first like so:

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
onLoad="getcontent_height();preloadImages();MM_preloadImages('images/part1_f2.gif','images/part1_f3.gif','images/home_28_f2.gif','images/home_28_f3.gif','images/supo1_f2.gif','images/supo1_f3.gif','images/home_32_f2.gif','images/home_32_f3.gif','images/home_33_f2.gif','images/home_33_f3.gif')">

lwatson
10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Thank you for your response. I tried what john instructed to do but there is still no movement. To get a better understanding of how they sre suppose to work. click on the about page and just scroll over the nav menu (top menu).

jscheuer1
10-31-2007, 03:30 PM
I tried what john instructed to do but there is still no movement.

Not on your live page. It still has the conflict. Interestingly, in Opera - which allows for both a body onload and a window onload, both scripts are working. Try my idea again. Put it up live. Let me see the page with the changes before telling me that it doesn't work.