PDA

View Full Version : Javascript tutorial

t2bonaventure
10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey All!!
I'm newbie in here and i just start my first year in information technology faculty
Could somebody help me with some references about javascript and it's tutorials or maybe some e-books can be laern?
I have some multimedia tasks and projects to be done, but actually I have zero knowledge about javascript......

Thx for your help!!!!

Regards,

BoO

boogyman
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/javascript/important
http://www.webreference.com/programming/javascript/diaries/

there are really tutorials all over the net, but what is really more important to know is do you have any programming knowledge at all? if so then you really only need to pick up the idiosyncrocies (spelling) of the language, which would be alot easier as you already have the basics laws of programming down...

1 thing to note though is that javascript is a loosely-typed language, so for learning purposes it allows for many "errors" and badly formed code.
Its nice to learn things the right way, rather then the wrong, but as far as functionality, you physically can get away with alot of no-no's with javascript because of the nature of the language and how it was developed

t2bonaventure
10-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Owh........
I learned Pascal and C language, but it still in basic................
The one that i know that javascript is the functional programming language, it isn's procedural or object oriented. hohoho maybe you can suggest me what i should do in first step learnin' javascript?

boogyman
10-26-2007, 02:35 PM
inheritly they arent object oriented and procedural, however it can be made used as such.

look at those two tutorials that i linked you two. i believe that will be a good first stepping stone.

Twey
10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
The one that i know that javascript is the functional programming languageIt's multiple paradigm: it can be used as a procedural, OO, or functional language, or you can mix and match bits from each paradigm as you see fit.

t2bonaventure
10-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Owwww I seeeee.............
wew that tutorials it's really helpful, I practiced it with dreamweaver.....
ummmm...........
any programs or software that could be easier to understanding javascript???
such as C compiler in borland or visual studio, because they can tell me which line or which command have trouble with

Twey
10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Most browsers have basic built-in debugging consoles, but they range from the utterly pants (IE) to the rather good (Firefox). Opera's isn't as good as Firefox', but it's a little stricter, so it's often worth using in tandem anyway. Firefox also has an extension, called Firebug, that can make debugging complex scripts a bit easier.

t2bonaventure
10-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks to Twey and boogyman!!!!
Y'all really helpful!!!!!!
And now, I have to concentrate in learning about javascript for my project !
Thanks so much guys!!