PDA

View Full Version : Website prices

remp
10-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Hello, i have a question... i want to set up i very small business of creating websites but i don't know how much to charge, i don't want to say so much because i will scared them...:( :( i know it depends on the website, but can you guys give me any examples?

thetestingsite
10-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Well; as you said already, it really depends on the type of site. Something else to factor in is domain name services, website hosting, as well as the design portion of it. I'm not sure what a very reasonable price would be, but I can tell you that some of the web-design companies in the town I live in charge around $150 for 3 pages, no forms or anything like that. I think it is a rip off because they all use WYSIWYG editors (frontpage, golive, etc) to make these sites.

Hope this helps.

jscheuer1
10-20-2007, 01:35 AM
What's your time worth to you? Start from there as an hourly rate and adjust upward or downward as you think the market expects or will bear.

tech_support
10-20-2007, 04:26 AM
Well; as you said already, it really depends on the type of site. Something else to factor in is domain name services, website hosting, as well as the design portion of it. I'm not sure what a very reasonable price would be, but I can tell you that some of the web-design companies in the town I live in charge around $150 for 3 pages, no forms or anything like that. I think it is a rip off because they all use WYSIWYG editors (frontpage, golive, etc) to make these sites.

Hope this helps.
You don't work to come home poor. ;)
Time is money.

$150 for 3 pages is pretty reasonable if the person's a good designer/coder.

Twey
10-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Aye, I generally charge in the vicinity of GBP20 (~USD$40) per hour.
$150 for 3 pages is pretty reasonable if the person's a good designer/coder.Depending on how long it takes said person to come up with the design. Probably OK though.

remp
10-20-2007, 09:08 PM
well, thanks alot for your anwers guys, i really appreciate it...