PDA

View Full Version : Open window in same location each time.

pastorj131@comcast.net
10-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I am using microsoft agent to tell Bible stories on our church web site. I am using the window.open command to open a window in which the story is told. However, inorder to locate the characters correctly, I need to have the window open in the top left corner each time. Here is the code I am using (excluding the Form for the button)

function smallwin(targeturl){
window.open(targeturl,"","width=750,height=550","top=0,left=0")

While this opens a new window of the proper size, its location can be anywhere on the screen which makes it impossible to position the agents within the new window. The "top and left" commands do not seem to effect where the window is located. Do I have the parameters in the wrong order?
So, how do I get the window to open in the top left hand corner each time?

boogyman
10-16-2007, 03:27 AM
function smallwin(var url = '') {
openIt = window.open(url, "_NAME_OF_WINDOW_", "width=750,height=550,top=0,left=0");
openIt.focus();
}

dont put them in separated... the toolbar properties are all in the same argument

also you should define the window that you are opening it in, which will give you that ability to access that window later to either re-populate it with some different data, or to close the window dynamically etcetc...