PDA

View Full Version : How do I Refresh an IFrame?

sgmunson
10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Describe problem: I'm working on a webpage that is ASP, and it has both VBScript and Javascript in it. The idea is to have a user select from various input choices in a select control, and then using the post method, bring that value into the VBScript function which then passes it along to the Javascript function that refreshes the 4 IFrames I have. My PC is XP Pro for the OPSys, and I have IIS installed and configured (rightly or wrongly, I don't know enough to know for sure). My main page is GETWRS2.asp, and is coded as follows:

<html>
<head>
<title>TESTING OF JAVASCRIPT</title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

function RefreshIFrames(WRSNUM)
{
frames["WRSFrame"].location.href = 'WRSFrame.asp&wrs=' + WRSNUM;
frames["WRSFrame"].location.reload();
window.frames["SAFrame"].location.href = 'SAFrame.asp&wrs=' + WRSNUM;
window.frames["SAFrame"].location.reload();
window.frames["CSRFrame"].location.href = 'CSRFrame.asp&wrs=' + WRSNUM;
window.frames["CSRFrame"].location.reload();
window.frames["BENFrame"].location.href = 'BENFrame.asp&wrs=' + WRSNUM;
window.frames["BENFrame"].location.reload();
return 0;
}

</script>
</head>
<body>

<form name="WRSACTION" method="post" action="GETWRS2.asp">

<select name="GETWRS">
<option value="1234">1234</option>
<option value="12345">12345</option>
<option value="13456">13456</option>
<option value="14567">14567</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
<iframe name="WRSFrame" height=150 width="100%" noresize="noresize" src=WRSFrame.asp></iframe>
<iframe name="CSRFrame" height=150 width="100%" noresize="noresize" src=CSRFrame.asp></iframe>
<iframe name="SAFrame" height=150 width="100%" noresize="noresize" src=SAFrame.asp></iframe>
<iframe name="BENFrame" height=150 width="100%" noresize="noresize" src=BENFrame.asp></iframe>
<%
Dim WRSNUM
Dim X
WRSNUM = Request.Form("GETWRS")
If Not(IsNull(WRSNUM)) AND Not(IsEmpty(WRSNUM)) Then
X = RefreshIFrames(CLng(WRSNUM))
End If
%>
</body>
</html>

My thinking on this was to use Javascript to do the refreshing and VBScript to pass the data. I would rather avoid Javascript as much as possible because of the web environment I'll be transferring functional code into, which will NOT be my PC, but a corporate environment. Unfortunately, nothing I've tried seems to allow me to get this to work. If I can get the Javascript function to be successfully called, the script fails on statements starting with either window. or document., or if not, I get a Type Mismatch error just trying to call the function. Btw, here is the code for the 1st IFrame, and the only difference between it and the rest of them is the text it outputs and it's filename.

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<%
Response.Write "THIS IS THE WRS FRAME, WRS NUMBER = "
Dim WRS
WRS = Request.QueryString("wrs")
Response.Write WRS
%>
</body>
</html>

I've looked at the code in the DD URL listed and I'm stymied at the moment by the type mismatch problem. I'm desperate to find a way to make this work, and if I'm just using the wrong approach, please let me know. I'm ESPECIALLY MOTIVATED to actually talk to someone on this, so please let me know if we can discuss by phone and I'll be glad to either provide the phone number or make the necessary call.

Steve
(aka sgmunson)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

sgmunson
10-16-2007, 08:22 PM
This post has moved by admin, thus I discovered I erred in the original post location. I've now re-posted with the same title and updated some of the code, so please ignore this one...

Admin - feel free to remove, with my apologies for misunderstanding where this post belonged.

Steve
(aka sgmunson)