PDA

View Full Version : Iframe inside an Iframe?

ikon
04-24-2005, 03:09 PM
im trying to put an iframe inside an iframe, and its not working..is there any special tag i need to accomplish this?

mwinter
04-24-2005, 03:36 PM
im trying to put an iframe inside an iframe, and its not workingThe content of an inline frame is directly analogous to the noframes element: both are rendered only if frames are unsupported, or the user has disabled support.

Personally, I think this behaviour is good not just for graceful degradation. Nested frames could lead to nested scrollbars, which is a horrible thing for an interface to have.

Mike

ikon
04-24-2005, 03:56 PM
i want to put the scrolling iframe script (which has NO scrollbars) inside an iframe...therefore i wont run into that problem..

are you saying its not possible, or is there a way?

mwinter
04-24-2005, 07:39 PM
are you saying its not possible, or is there a way?I thought the first paragraph was very clear. Perhaps not.

It is not possible to directly nest iframe elements. Though

<iframe ...>
<iframe ...>
</iframe>
</iframe>is legal, it is pointless as the inner iframe element should never be rendered. However, you can place additional inline frames in the document specified by the src attribute, but I don't recommend it.

Mike

ikon
04-24-2005, 09:37 PM
thats exactly what i did...the initial iframe loads an html...and that html contains its own iframe...its not working though...

mwinter
04-24-2005, 10:11 PM
thats exactly what i did...the initial iframe loads an html...and that html contains its own iframeThen you've done something wrong, but without seeing your markup, it's impossible to say what.

Produce a minimal example which demonstrates the problem, and preferably place it on the Web (rather than posting code) and post a link. Doing this might help you solve the problem yourself.

Mike

ttancm
01-06-2006, 03:32 PM
im trying to put an iframe inside an iframe, and its not working..is there any special tag i need to accomplish this?

Old message but in case anyone is still trying this;

I have been messing around with embedding iframes within pages that are themselves embedded in iframes and I have found to get it to work on IE and Firefox you just need to make sure each iframe has its own unique name and id attributes.:D