PDA

View Full Version : i just dont know where to post this

oxy63n
10-10-2007, 09:34 AM
:confused: hey pls... somebody help me...to find where to post my msg.. i just dont know where to post it... coz i am new to enroll like so called forums... my friends told me that it is nice to join in forums, coz i really have a problem in my website designed... i wanna have a query to my database but i dont know how to connect. pls... somebody help. i am using SQL in my database...

djr33
10-10-2007, 11:47 PM
http://php-mysql-tutorial.com
Should point you in the right direction.

Mehok
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
ok you want to connect via a website or via some other function

the best way is to make use of some of the ready made tools in Visual Web Developer and that would give you some help please explain further what you like to do and i will make heads or tails with it

djr33
11-09-2007, 07:07 PM
No, that will just end up with the user relying on a "visual" help program, which will in the end be a hindrance. Plus, that means you'd actually need to buy Visual Web Designer, which I haven't even heard of.

Mehok
11-10-2007, 08:42 PM
ok for 1 its not designer
its visual web developer by microsoft
and its free to download for your information and try next time googleing it so you get a better explanation than this

djr33
11-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, it's from Microsoft. I see no reason you need a M$ product to use open source technologies, like PHP and MySQL. I'm surprised it even deals with them, as I'd assume M$ would stick to ASP and Access, or MSSQL, etc.

Mehok
11-22-2007, 02:11 PM
ok microsoft are a company out for proffit some of the programmes are good one of them i do recomend my self is visual web developer and its one of those type of programmes that is free and good for beginers

jc_gmk
11-22-2007, 03:36 PM
the best way is to make use of some of the ready made tools in Visual Web Developer

I tried a visual designer about 5 years ago and it totally put me off web design.
I then started learning HTML from scratch and moved onto PHP/MySQL (code only) and havent looked back since.

Visual designers nowadays are probably better for short-term but the moment you want to do anything fancy with your website you will struggle.
Just start as you mean to go on, read the tutorial!

Shotgun Ninja
11-22-2007, 04:00 PM
ok you want to connect via a website or via some other function

the best way is to make use of some of the ready made tools in Visual Web Developer and that would give you some help please explain further what you like to do and i will make heads or tails with it

No, that will just end up with the user relying on a "visual" help program, which will in the end be a hindrance. Plus, that means you'd actually need to buy Visual Web Designer, which I haven't even heard of.

ok for 1 its not designer
its visual web developer by microsoft
and its free to download for your information and try next time googleing it so you get a better explanation than this

No one cares whether it's Designer or Developer. We've never heard of it, and half of us are professionals. Or at least we know somewhat what we're doing.

And in my biased opinion, real web developers use Notepad. (Or at least Notepad Plus or Dreamweaver) I have had personal bad experience with so-called WYSIWYG editors like FrontPage in the past, so just forget it, dude.

Shotgun Ninja
11-22-2007, 04:02 PM
ok microsoft are a company out for proffit...

And that makes them... high-quality? NO.

...some of the programmes are good one of them i do recomend my self is visual web developer and its one of those type of programmes that is free and good for beginers

Notepad is free. It always works. 'Nuff said. :cool:

EDIT: Man, this is starting to turn into a Mehok death thread. Or at least a Visual Web death thread.

What was the question that started this thread again?

Oh, right. PHP/MySQL.

Just go to http://php-mysql-tutorial.com/ .

boogyman
11-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehok View Post
ok microsoft are a company out for proffit...
And that makes them... high-quality? NO.

I do not know if your post was sarcasm or not shotgun but Micro$haft does not have the highest quality. Quality and profit are not directly related.. in fact in the computer world companies whom are for profit often times put out something that is of lesser quality than something open source?
that may just be the bias of a technie, but I have very rarely seen a profit program that is not duplicated in an open-source way with equivalent features.

Now I am not saying that all open-source programs are the 'cats meow' but They definitely can hold their own against the galieth's of the Micro$shaft type. The reason the average consumer does not know about them is because of the monopoly and marketing capitalization of the for-profit companies and programs. But as you can see with IE and the 'browser wars' Micro$haft has lost ALOT of market share when the word about Firefox and other standards based browsers were given some exposure.