PDA

View Full Version : Pausing up-down Scroller: No Scroll in IE7

megami
10-06-2007, 05:05 PM
1) Script Title: Pausing up-down Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm

3) Describe problem: The script works in FireFox and Opera but, it won't scroll in IE7. It just sits there. Since it works in the other browsers, I'm assuming it's something really simple. I've been searching the forums and tweaking it for days.

Here is my page: http://www.yumemedia.com/cogichacs/home.php
It's still in progress so don't worry about the flash at the top, I haven't created a loader for it yet so it may not load. Just check out the scroll on the right.

ddadmin
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
The scroller seems to be working fine for me in IE7. Note that there is a JavaScript error relating to another script on your page that pops up though:

Error: MM_preloadImages is not defined
Source File: http://www.yumemedia.com/cogichacs/home.php
Line: 1

You may want to take care of that.

megami
10-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Is there a way I can find out why it wouldn't show up in my browser? Like some setting in my browser? Right now, I have no idea what it would even look like in IE7 and I know my client uses it so I don't want to take a chance it looks correct and fine in everyone's browser.

Yeah, I know what that error is about.

Thanks

ddadmin
10-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Hmmm unless your IE7 has JavaScript disabled, there is no setting I can think of that would prevent you from seeing the scroller. Are you using WinXP or Vista btw?

megami
10-06-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm using WinXP.

I've checked my JavaScript settings or at least I think I did. I don't fiddle with my browser too much and I haven't noticed a problem with Javascript before. Just to make sure, where would I go to make sure my settings are enabled?

megami
10-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Well, here's the deal and I kind of suspected this. LOL

I'm temporarily on dialup because my high speed is out. I didn't put that loader on my flash so evidently the scroller wouldn't load in IE until after the flash loaded. Cuz now it works and I hadn't done anything different but decide to get the flash finished and out of the way.

Thanks, you at least reassured me that I installed the script correctly. LOL I was losing my mind, I knew I couldn't have seriously screwed up javascript. LOL

Thanks

akash_prabhu
03-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Describe problem: The script works in FireFox and chrome, Opera but, it won't scroll in IE8. scrolling it's work but not center align. i apply center but IE8 show right.:(

ddadmin
03-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Akash, in the future please start a new thread when asking a question of your own. Anyhow, by center, do you mean center the entire scroller relative to the page horizontally in IE8? If so, try adding the CSS rule margin:auto inside the scroller's ID selector, for example:

#pscroller1{
width: 200px;
height: 100px;
border: 1px solid black;
padding: 5px;
background-color: lightyellow;
margin:auto;
}

This only works in IE8 if your page contains a valid doctype such as:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

akash_prabhu
03-11-2011, 04:38 AM