PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid printing webaddress and page numbering.

imi_99
10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I have a made a sytem in php to keep records of a store. All done in php and set on localhost and will accessed by browser using localhost address.
The issue with is in printing. I got two issues. One when i print the page then it will print the address like this "http://localhost/sa/index.php" on the bottom of page. which is very bad. Is there any possiblity that I can remove this address from printing.
Second it is printing "Page1 of 1". Can I avoid this too.

any idea. thanks

boogyman
10-04-2007, 05:25 PM
you can create a separate printer friendly css stylesheet which in most cases would be to strip all background images / coloring, strip the navigation. basically look much more like conventional printing, however the url and paging is a combination of the browser / printer defaults, and cannot be removed from CSS in its current state.

the above is taken from a CSS discussion topic
http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/41161

imi_99
10-04-2007, 11:07 PM
I want to set up system on only local one machine. I am using windowsXP. Is there any possibility that i can change setting in my pc machine that it dont print these things. I tried to look at these but could not find.

OR. Is there any function in php that when click on print button it starts printing only body , not footer and header. Or similar like this. I dont know about frames if I used those to get result.

Another solutions I can see but that seems to me more harder. Mean is there any function in php that i can open php page in microsoft word. Because I have seen microsoft word prints fine. I think this is hard because i am using background colors and images as well.

tech_support
10-05-2007, 11:20 AM
File > Page Setup.

imi_99
10-06-2007, 05:52 AM
very strange. On my home machine I can see and change setting. But for person who I am making system I could not seen anything on his computer in page set up. They sharing printer on 7-9 pcs, that's could be the reason. It is laser Printer and it could have different settings. I will try again to do set up. thanks

Any further suggestion in page setup will be appreciated. If that is possible then i can save time from writing css/php.