PDA

View Full Version : DD Scripts on my webmaster site

fileserverdirect
09-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Hello, (I did not really no where to put this post, so mods if you know where this post where it would fit-in better please move it :-))
I am creating a webmaster resource site. I have created a few Javascripts and PHP Functions myself, so I started to create a database. ALL of my scripts, and I mean ALL scripts have a "Wizard" part. One thing that I hated about most "Code Resources" is that they all had a line like this: "NOTE: Replace http://www.mywebsite.com with your own." or like on DD: "Usage Information: 1) Right Click on mydoc.zip and save it to your desktop... etc... etc... ." I am basicly creating an entirly new script database from scratch, with much more information than any script database has had. I modify DD's scritps all the time, adding new functions, making it valid HTML, and almost stripping the code execpt for the core processing. And Because I am adding a wizard to every PHP and JS scripts for complete custimization w/o coding at all, I want to use D.D.'s Scripts on my site. And not just D.D. , alot of your "partner's" scripting sites too. An example of a DD script header that a user would copy and paste on my site:

<script language="JavaScript1.2">
/*
-------------------
Original Copyright:
Cross browser Marquee script- Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
-------------------
Webmaster Resource Copright:
The Webmaster Resource - MY COMPANY NAME (www.mywebsite.com)
All Rights reserved.
--
Script Custimizer 1.0 2007 -- MY COMPANY NAME(www.mywebsite.com/SC)
-------------------
All Credit MUST stay intact for FREE Usage.
*/

Inside The script, there would be no:

//Specify the marquee's width (in pixels)
var marqueewidth="300px"
//Specify the marquee's height
var marqueeheight="25px"
//Specify the marquee's marquee speed (larger is faster 1-10)
var marqueespeed=2
//configure background color:
var marqueebgcolor="#DEFDD9"
//Pause marquee onMousever (0=no. 1=yes)?
var pauseit=1

It would all be in the wizard, Hence "Script Custimizer". On all of the scripts that use DD's scripts, will have a small icon saying that its from DD. Is this all O.K. on DD's side? Also, because half of the website is for paid usage, I will alow the subscriber to remove the notice, but the icon saying its from DD is still on the Script Resources Tab. Is this also O.K? I do not want to get into a legal Hullaballu ( or whatever), I just want to promote my users with a more user-friendly interface of awsome scripts is all. ddadmin or any user can reply to this thread. A "Thank this user for this post" will be added to a user(s) for HELPFUL replys. One more thing, YES I read the Terms of Conditions (Section 3) on DD's site. So thats why I made this LONG post. THANK YOU.

ddadmin
09-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi:
Just fyi, inquires like this usually should just be done via email, not on the forums. Anyhow, to answer your question, redistribution of scripts on DD is currently prohibited per the usage terms (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm). This is mainly to protect our copyright and uniqueness of the content found on DD. If you're looking to distribute just a small # of scripts (ie: below 10), usually that's fine with permission. You can contact me via email (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/contact.htm) if you wish to explore that.

fileserverdirect
10-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Hello:
(Please Read the below as a ":) " sentance and undersatnding, not a ":mad: " sentance.)
-------------------------------
Dr. Mr. Prof. Someone
123 Internet Road
Some British Contry

Dear ddadmin,
So Basicly What your saying is that I cannot spread all (SOME) of Dynamic Drive's Goodness with the rest of "my" people, but with a complete Custimize feature\ re-writing some for the better? And I cannot show pride in your triumph by giving a link and copyright notice, you say? :chuckles:

Sincery,
Dr. Mr. Prof. Someone(fileserverdirect)

P.S. What happens If I want to use more than 10 scripts?
-------------------------------
[When you read ":chuckles:"; If you do not laugh, you have to expose your self to more comidic writing ;) ]

ddadmin
10-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Hmmm not really sure what you're asking with the above. :) Anyhow, please pm me for further inquries on this, the forum isn't the right place.